We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising work forces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our client's recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our Client is a global logistics and distribution organisation. They operate in 44 countries around the world. Their global revenue exceeds £10 billion per annum and they employ almost 160,000 people.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Solutions Architect for a 6 Months contract based in Farringdon/Remote.
Purpose of the Role:
The role of the Solutions Architect is to ensure that the solutions being designed and developed provide a consensus based solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronisation with changing business needs. This role has responsibility for outlining solution architecture descriptions, then monitoring and governing the implementation of the architecture.
As a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for:
- Develop the project blueprint received from Transformation Architects into solution designs as business needs are clarified, escalating and agreeing where we need to deviate from the original blueprint.
- Preparation of the Solution Architect design and ensuring it adheres to requirements, design principles and target vision for the overall solution.
- Develop technology specifications and leverage existing technologies to ensure new technology solutions are designed for optimal business use.
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Ensures process, application, data and technology architecture are aligned.
- Identify the technologies to employ and take responsibility for the assurance and governance of supplier solutions
- Partner with business analysis to provide technical oversight to ensure IT solutions meet end user needs.
- Collaborate with development teams on all of the above, designing and building the solution iterative in sprint cycles
- Educate stakeholders in Agile ways of working and the benefits of iterative software delivery.
What we require from the candidate:
- In depth and current knowledge of a wide range of Information Technologies, with experience of their integration and configuration.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of technical architecture roles across all phases of the development life cycle.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, to prioritise and multi-task.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with systems integration methods and technologies.
- Track record of design and delivery of large scale, complex integrated IT solutions.
- Ability to give advice and guidance on approach to design of systems architectures.
- Knowledge of the advantages/disadvantages of alternative processing and distributed systems architectures.
- Ability to communicate complex technical designs to business stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in performing complex analysis, consulting and providing technical recommendations.
- Proven experience in the planning, architecture, high level design and implementation of one or more of the following aspects of solution architecture: Services, Applications, Integration or Data.
- Experience of defining the technical architecture design principles and planning, design and implementation of complex systems architectures.
- Knowledge and experiences of enterprise wide systems architectures.
- Practical experience of planning, designing and implementing applications and data in a complex distributed environment,
- Practical experience of service, application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Experience in systems delivery including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.
- Experience of working with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience of going through the transformation from Waterfall to Agile delivery methodologies.
This client will only accept workers operating via an or engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Contact Name: Akanksha Sheth