We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Configuration Specialist to deliver a configuration management service in accordance with Configuration Management Plans (CMP) that supports AWE, delivering Licence Condition (LC) 22 compliance.
This role will be based in the UK with the expectation that the employee will work in France on an assignment basis for up to 90 days per year, however, the internal project further estimates that role accountabilities for France could be achieved with week-long visits (including travel) every month. At the end of the assignment, the employee will be re-deployed back to the UK.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Accountable for leading, coaching & developing a team at a local level to deliver team & personal objectives safely & securely to meet our operational plans.
- Accountable to the Lead Configuration Manager for the successful delivery of a Configuration Management Service through-life.
- Implementing AWE CM strategy across AWE.
- Quorate membership of Change Boards (CB).
- Drive quality into Change Request submissions.
- Assess the impact of change accumulation, especially to safety/risk/budget/deadline/regulations is captured and communicated.
- Maintain a full understanding of LC22, its component parts and associated LCs.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Line management duties for embedded staff, including CM contractors embedded within Projects.
- Task management duties for embedded staff.
- Where applicable, maintain a CM oversight of Projects that are to be delivered.
- Work with the associated Project CM personnel to ensure through life CM aspects are understood, captured and delivered.
- Engage with the appropriate Project personnel.
- Manage change control procedure(s) and demonstrate adherence through status accounting.
- Undertake an assessment of change requests, providing technical support, and provide feedback on the impact of the change to all relevant stakeholders.
- Support and contribute to the wider information and knowledge management community and identify synergy opportunities.
- Drive standardisation across all CB.
- Educate the user community on the purpose and value of CM.
- Enhance the reputation of CM improving the user experience and identify opportunities to improve the level of service - this includes managing customers.
- Prepare input to business requests, monitor progress and manage outputs that demonstrate value for money.
- Prepare input to budgets.
- Contribute to wider Central CM Service learning.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Contact Name: AWE