Job Title: Telemetry Technician
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Up to up to £32k depending on skills and experience
Vehicle: Company van
Key Purpose of the Job:
The successful Telemetry Technician will be responsible for the modification, installation, configuration and commissioning of telemetry units across the Southern Water region in both the water and wastewater functions. This is to ensure that the site is operating efficiently and effectively on a continuous basis.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working independently and is able to provide a reliable service to unmanned sites, with no direct supervision. A current Electrical Installation Regulations qualification is a requirement.
You will be responsible for:
- Planned outstation changes and new installs in both the wastewater and supply function
- Availability to travel across the region to provide cover where necessary
- Working as part of a team, assisting and passing technical information between team members
- The role requires good organisational & planning skills as a lot of the work will involve an element of self planning
- The role requires a high degree of independence and reliability as of the work is carried out on unmanned sites with no direct supervision and the technicians will generally work alone
Skills & Competencies:
- Significant depth of knowledge of fault finding, calibration, testing, investigating, and programming on a wide range of telemetry units
- Highly flexible approach and engaging personal style, you must be capable of engaging with other areas of the business in a collaborative and respectful manner, dealing with colleagues from all levels
- Good level of electrical installation experience including installations relating to telemetry outstations
- Highly flexible approach and engaging personal style
- Capable of engaging with other areas of the business, personable character
- Experience working on telemetry systems and outstations
- Sound IT skills particularly in MS office applications including Excel
- Good understanding of remote data communication systems within an industrial / process environment
- Good understanding of the principles of wastewater, clean water and sludge treatment processes would be a distinct advantage
- Must be aware of the water industry's statutory obligations and levels of service to customers
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a process or industrial environment.
- Experience of installing, commissioning and configuring telemetry outstations
- Experience of operating in a flexible and highly dynamic programme environment.
Without water, life as we know it would be impossible. Every day, we rely on it for drinking, washing and cleaning. It helps create the energy we need for heat and light. It's also essential to the products we enjoy and the natural world we depend upon.
Yet the South East faces a future of more people and less water. Our population is growing fast, and climate change is bringing greater risk of both drought and flooding.
In the water industry, your work will help to address these challenges and give people access to sustainable, high-quality water and wastewater services for decades to come.
Contact Name: Southern Water