|Listed on:||7th June|
|Location:||Durrington, West Sussex / Flexible - Brighton, Worthing|
|Salary Notes:||Up to £57,200|
We're looking for a Data and Analytics Manager to join our team with the main focus of the role to work with our stakeholders at all levels and from all functions to develop and align data and analytics strategies to enable them to meet their goals.
The Data and Analytics Business Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing joint roadmaps aligning business and analytical capabilities, and to develop use cases that help deliver value.
We're looking for someone passionate around the art of the possible with data and analytics, with the ability to help our colleagues at all levels understand and articulate
• Work with line of business stakeholders to develop and define joint roadmaps and prioritse use cases
• Identify and score the value, feasibility and dependencies for each use case
• Build and maintenance of roadmaps and forecasts to provide shared visibility and planning
• Managing the inbound funnel of work and engaging with Solutions and Delivery teams to determine the right routes for work - small change, product, projects, programme
• Managing Data Analysts and guiding Data Delivery team members to build prototypes and PoCs where appropriate and to develop more detailed requirements for products and projects
• Leading workstreams and supporting analysts in delivering use cases
• Engaging with IT Delivery and Business Partner teams to give a transparent view of analytics demand and identify any support or dependencies
• Coaching colleagues, stakeholders and the wider organisation on data literacy
• Build and definition of frameworks to help develop capability across the team and beyond
Without water, life as we know it would be impossible. Every day, we rely on it for drinking, washing and cleaning. It helps create the energy we need for heat and light. It's also essential to the products we enjoy and the health of the environment we share.
However, our world is changing - the twin pressures of more extreme weather events and a growing population are stretching our finite natural resources, including water. This challenge is felt in the UK, where several regions are water-stressed, including the South East.
In the water industry, your work will help to address these challenges and give people access to sustainable, high-quality water and wastewater services for decades to come.
The South East is also home to over 700 miles of coastline, two National Parks, four Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and some of the world's rarest chalk streams. Your activities will help preserve these breath-taking environments today and for generations to come.
Why Southern Water?
Each day, over four million people across Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight count on us for their essential water or wastewater services. Our work is vital, because we're providing water for life.
Right now, we're on an exciting journey - we're undergoing a transformation that touches every part of our business. We're making changes to our people, processes and systems to better serve our customers and deliver a resilient water future for the South East. You can be a part of that change.
Do you bring sector experience or a fresh perspective? To help us transform, we've appointed people from the water industry and beyond - including retail, energy and telecoms. Whether your background is in utilities or elsewhere, we're keen to draw on different experiences, knowledge and skills to help us better serve our customers.
Do you strive to do your best and bring out the best in others? Three values are at the heart of our transformation and underpin everything we do: succeeding together, doing the right thing and always improving. If you're a natural collaborator with a strong moral compass and high standards, you'll fit right in.
Do you want to make a difference? As well as playing a leading role in maintaining our essential services for customers, you'll contribute towards the important outcomes of our transformation. These include: improving our environmental performance, rebuilding trust and improving our relationships with our regulators.
Do you believe everyone should be accepted for who they are? We do too. That's why we're building an inclusive culture and are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation. We believe the unique perspectives and experiences each of us brings make us stronger.
First and foremost we're looking for someone who can inspire our colleagues with the art of the possible in analytics and translate that into roadmaps and maturity stages to help make them a reality. Other skills and experience we're interested below:
• Organised and disciplined in managing a process or a function within an analytics or data environment
• Experience in stakeholder management, expectations setting and transparent communications
• Able to develop use cases and understand where analytics can add value to and drive business roadmaps
• Excellent communicator and storyteller - able to use data to tell a story back to stakeholders and to translate stakeholder needs into delivery teams
• Able to produce and manage clear roadmaps on a monthly, quarterly and annual cycle
• Able to influence stakeholders and guide on good analytics practice
Contact Name: Southern Water
Job ID: 3099736