Working for the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office, The Head of Digital Product and Delivery for consular services is responsible for ensuring that the public facing services we provide on GOV.UK are of a high quality, prioritise users' needs and meet the government Service Standard.
The role holder will be responsible for working within a cross functional team that includes colleagues such as developers, service designers, user researchers and content designers, as well as product managers and delivery managers.
The role holder will be responsible for overseeing our portfolio digital services which include:
- Emergency travel documents, which allow British people abroad to return home urgently if they don't have a valid passport.
- Digital consular assistance for British people abroad, including developing personalised online journeys for those in need of help when they are hospitalised or need to locate professional services in a country.
- Immediate online support for British people involved in global crises, including set up of new services at short notice.
- Improvements to our flagship online travel advice service.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a digital focussed team of product managers, delivery managers and user centred designers.
- Working with product teams to communicate roadmaps, priorities and vision, able to communicate with technical experts and business stakeholders alike.
- Lead management of a portfolio of public facing products in
- accordance with the government Service Standard.
- Ensure a high quality service by incorporating user research, user centred design and data analytics into development.
- Overseeing finances associated with the portfolio of consular digital services, including ensuring accurate forecasting by your team.
- Ensuring that the benefits of the services are clearly articulated and tracked.
- Advocating agile ways of working and continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Liaising with stakeholders including policy, operations and architecture to agree product priorities.
- Ensuring several delivery teams are providing value to users of consular digital services, and to the FCDO.
- Managing business cases for new work and navigating through relevant governance.
- Working with commercial colleagues to manage supplier contracts and lead supplier conversations.
- Ensure Digital, Data and Technology professionals support each other through communities of practice and close collaboration
- Agile working. You are a recognised expert in innovating and leading teams in Agile and Lean practices.
- Digital perspective. You can demonstrate an advanced understanding of design, technology and data principles.
- Product ownership. You have a strong background in owning and delivering products.
- Life-cycle perspective. You know how to successfully lead teams through the full product life cycle.
- User focus. You ensure user-centred design and regular user research is central to continuous improvement of products and services.
- Strategic ownership. You know how to get buy-in from the organisation. You can work with scant information and explain it in abstract terms. You can develop a strategy
To apply for this role, please click on the apply button and read further on what to expect through the applications process