|Listed on:||31st May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Airbus Defence and Space's ERP Backbone Services team is now looking for a SAP Basis Technical Consultant to join us in Stevenage. We use hybrid working here, so office presence is flexible. This person will report to our Head of ERP Backbone services and join an agile, supportive team - you'll be surrounded by lots of knowledge and experience in the team.
ERP/BI Backbone services is an international team supporting service and project delivery across the SAP landscape for Airbus Defence and Space (We make it fly)! Currently Airbus Defence and Space is engaged in an ambitious business transformation program to deliver the next generation SAP solutions and needs more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of SAP solutions and services to our customers. This role within the ERP/BI Backbone services team is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
We see this as a great opportunity because of the opportunity for international collaboration across different Airbus sites where our team get to leverage their existing skills while getting trained up on all the newest SAP technologies.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance for this role given the scope of high security projects the team works on.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Delivery of SAP Basis and related services to the customer in terms of resources, cost, time, quality, security, and performance
- Provision of technical consultancy and SAP Basis support for business and IM projects
- Maintenance of the SAP systems including security patching, release updates and upgrades
- Project management in the frame of on-going landscape enhancement and maintenance activities
- Evaluation of new technical tools, products and functionalities as the SAP landscape evolves
- Ensuring process documentation is available and kept up to date
- System monitoring and analysis of the system performance
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Skills & Experience we'd like to see:
- Hands-on technical knowledge of SAP basis in complex landscapes
- Working in a range of implementations, upgrades, OS & DB migrations or HANA migration projects
- Performance tuning, user management and system copies
- Background of working across a mix of different teams to changing deadlines
- SAP Certifications in OS/DB Migration, NetWeaver and SAP HANA would be great to see
- Any HANA DB experience a bonus
- Proficiency in other languages and working with international teams is a bonus
We're looking for someone who would describe themselves as a natural problem solver, has a willingness to learn, share knowledge, and willingness to take ownership of projects.
What Airbus Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company
- A hybrid working pattern of days in the office remotely/from home
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
- An excellent flexi-time program that can lead to doubling your paid holiday per year
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.