The opportunity - Overview
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for taking a hands-on approach to the design, implementation and quality control of a range of products in our digital client experience platform, and driving forwards our goal of fully automated, cloud-native software delivery that allows us to deliver with speed and true agility.
You'll have worked on the full-stack of modern, scalable and resilient software projects, cloud hosted, ideally Internet-facing, and will have a sound understanding of what "good" looks like in an engineering team.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don't skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls.
What we're looking for
- You have 5 - 6 years of demonstrable experience of designing and delivering resilient and scalable cloud-hosted solutions, with fully automated deployment, and operational logging and monitoring as first class concerns.
- You are happy working across all aspects of automated, quality controlled, full-stack software delivery; front and back end software engineering and integration, automated testing at all levels of the pyramid, CI/CD including infrastructure as code.
- You understand what it takes to design and develop APIs.
- Experience of AWS PaaS, particularly API Gateway, Lambda, S3, Cloudfront, ECR, ECS and EKS.
- You have extensive experience working with TypeScript, Node.js and React.js.
- You are familiar with distributed version control systems like Git, and can describe the branching strategies you have used on previous and current projects.
- You can give examples of what you consider to be good practices in software engineering, and how you have tried to implement those practices in previous roles.
- You are happy working in an Agile delivery environment, interacting directly with other team members and stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Self-starter: you are able to translate product requirements into technical solutions, and deliver these with high levels of autonomy whilst staying aligned to stakeholder expectations.
- Communication: you are an strong communicator and can interpret technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Accountable: you take ownership of the path to production, and the operational quality of the product.
- Delivery focused: you identify and act on opportunities to increase throughput without compromising on quality. You are able to work around temporary impediments and remain productive.
- Collaborative: you pro-actively liaise with other teams to set best practice, share knowledge and ensure early identification and resolution of dependencies and impediments.
- Quality driven: you understand that quality control starts with you, and are experienced in the tools and techniques used to test quality in an automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
You belong here
At Schroders Personal Wealth, we welcome all. All colours, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages, people.
We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us meet our ambitions.
We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Schroders Personal Wealth is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact and reach their potential
Work in a way that works for you
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs with our flexible working policy. Please enquire in your interview.
What we'll give you
You can expect a career that's full of opportunity and support to help you develop. We offer a competitive total reward package, which means you share in the success you help create.
- A market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
- An additional 4% of your annual salary in a Flexible benefits package that you can select and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction or take as cash.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- An incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and your contribution to it.