Senior Software Quality Assurance Tester
- Salary - Up to £35,000 dependant on experience
- Location - Coalville
- Job Type - Full Time, Permanent
My client is looking for an experienced software QA to join their team in Leicestershire. This role would suit a mid-level tester who is looking to progress into a more senior position and take on more responsibility. You will need experience of both manual and automated testing, as well as building and executing test plans.
You will assist the QA manager in supervising and mentoring more junior team members, leading team discussions and heading up various projects.
- Assist Manager in supervising day to day running of the QA Team
- Drive best testing practice, to ensure quality throughout Release cycle
- To keep up to date with the latest testing technologies and methodologies that are appropriate to the development of Pall-Ex's business systems
- To test modifications to systems in a methodical manner with a key focus on quality
- To ensure systems are updated once changes are testing with quality information.
- To ensure that all software testing is country balanced and has therefore considered all European requirements and remains unbiased
Communication & Problem Solving
- To use your experience when reviewing system changes
- To assist in critical support issues
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding system design and improvements to ensure maximum efficiency across the Company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- To strive to ensure that processes are adhered to
Company Best Practice
- To stay aware of latest Data Protection and Security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards and ensure that the team and Company are aware of these issues
- To ensure you help other staff develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of Pall-Ex and its members and partners
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies
- To ensure yours and your teams' knowledge of software testing within the logistics industry is kept up to date and relevant by networking/researching/reading blogs and news sources
- Manual and automated testing of software
- Build and executing test plans
- Documenting software
- Maintaining TFS
- Assisting the day to day supervising of team
- Driving Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to team discussions on new system designs and improvement
- Expert knowledge of testing processes and procedures
- Software quality identification
- Delivering projects on time to support the Business Vision
- Knowledge of various testing tools and methods
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Contact Name: Parvendra Sandhu