|Listed on:||23rd May|
|Location:||London / Glasgow|
|Salary/Rate:||£43,650 - £59,999|
|Salary Notes:||London £46,699 - £59,999 Glasgow £43,474 - £55,999|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Help us expand our capabilities and deliver greener, more affordable energy for the UK
Ofgem exists to ensure a safe, sustainable and affordable energy supply to the households and businesses of Great Britain. As the industry regulator we promote the highest standards of customer care and work with industry partners to ensure that our energy system and supporting infrastructure is safe, resilient and sustainable.
In this role, you'll join our supportive and highly collaborative Corporate Services Directorate, project managing crucial initiatives that will improve our capabilities across the board. You'll work with some of our brand-new technology suites, delivering everything from technical transformation to new digital products and services as well as new policies and procedures.
Managing a multi-disciplinary team, you'll have oversight and responsibility for your projects from start to finish, including scoping, meeting key milestones, resourcing, supplier management and budgeting. There's a great deal of autonomy in the role and you'll collaborate with all kinds of teams across Ofgem such as infrastructure engineers, DevOps and technical partners. It's highly varied and challenging work that will ultimately help us better serve millions of people across the UK.
Aside from your regular duties, you'll have lots of opportunities to develop your knowledge and really shape the way we deliver projects, as we'll look to you to introduce new processes and ways of thinking. You'll also make full use of business analytics, manage key stakeholder relationships and help us develop business cases.
To join us, you'll need extensive experience leading complex projects. With a background in IT, you'll have excellent data analysis skills, experience with IT infrastructure and the ability to matrix manage multi-disciplinary teams.
We're also looking for great communication, collaboration, and organisational skills. A good knowledge of change management, technology transformation and cloud-based technology is important. You should have a formal project management qualification, for example APM, PMQ, Prince2 or MSP.
We are serious about offering you professional development, training and support. You can also expect an excellent benefits package, a great working environment with scope for hybrid working, and a shared sense of purpose.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and especially welcome individuals from underrepresented groups. While this is a full-time role, flexible working patterns and job shares are welcome.
Ofgem is embarking on a number of transformation initiatives across the organisation. This role sitting within the Corporate Services Directorate, is to support the delivery of IT projects and services to implement change.
Ofgem is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to work with teams to deliver digital, data and technology projects and services. The nature of initiatives will vary from technical change and transformation, development of new digital, data and technology products & services to development of new organisational policies & procedures. We seek to deliver projects on time and to specification, delivering outcomes to our end users either within the organisation, or externally.
We are seeking a Senior IT Project Manager with experience of delivering one or more transformational initiatives. The individual will be someone with experience of working in both waterfall and agile methodologies, who can coach the team toward user-centric and service design thinking, building incrementally and demonstrating value.
• Successfully deliver projects and services using the appropriate programme / project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently to agreed schedule and budget
• Plan the programme/project based on a defined need - results in detailed scope / budget / schedule baseline. Monitor and control the budget to ensure that the programme/project remains on track and in control
• Plan for and manage change. Reports on variances to the approved programme/project baseline
• Transition and close the programme / project to formalise acceptance of the programme / project result and release programme / project resources
• Work within defined governance processes. Manage external contracts, contractors and suppliers where required, ensuring clients and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement
• Support development of business cases with the DDaT and business teams including leading on the solutions estimate. Lead the development of the programme / project charter to ensure delivery of the solution to schedule and budget
• Develop objectives, phasing and content of the programme / project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales. Manage to the objectives and plan by thorough risk, issue and change management across both business and IT parts of the programme / project
• Ensures that quality programme / project standards are met as prescribed by DDaT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
For more information on the role and the recruitment process/schedule please see the attached candidate pack.
Ofgem relies on having a workforce that reflects the society we serve, so we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and especially those from underrepresented groups. While this is a full-time role, flexible working patterns and job shares are welcome. We will also support you with excellent training and development opportunities, plus a competitive benefits packag