|Listed on:||23rd May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for Spacecraft Electrical Systems Architect to join Airbus Defence & Space on some exciting projects in collaboration with ENS.
In this role, you will either work on their own or lead a small team of electrical architects engaged in the design, specification and procurement of spacecraft and planetary explorer electrical subsystems. As part of a Pan-European Process Improvement (PI) team comprising the UK, Germany, and France, you will also support in the creation of the Product Industrial File and support standards/processes improvement relating to Electrical Systems.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Manage the electrical architects ensuring that Airbus Defence and Space processes and standards are applied to the Electrical Systems: Power (generation, processing and distribution), Data handling (for the platform and payload systems), Communications (for the platform and payload), Electrical harness and EMC
- Act as the client-facing, company representative to ESA
- Ensure that all relevant system requirements are captured while maximising the use of the industrial file on the project
- Manage and maintain electrical team budgets, reporting and schedule
- Working alongside the Procurement Organisation, oversee the technical management of Electrical equipment subcontracts through the appointed subsystem architects to ensure on time on cost on quality delivery to the project
- Ensure that verification planning and test requirements adequately capture system design requirements
- This role will involve some travel (national and international) for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly
Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with general electrical systems applicable to scientific spacecraft and the equipment used therein (degree preferable)
- Relevant experience in a Prime Contractor organisation
- Previous experience in team management (3 to 5 architects)
- Ability to understand Analogue (video and RF) and digital interface electronics
- Familiarity with the use of software design tools (for power simulation, link budgets, harness design etc...), and Non-conformance Reporting systems, RFDs / RFWs
- Familiarity with work package management, cost estimation and reporting
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely (delete if not relevant / shift work)
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time.
Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.