|Listed on:||23rd May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for an Electrical Power Systems Architect to join Airbus Defence & Space on one of our eminent Spacecraft projects in Stevenage.
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with titans of the industry alongside ESA.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Report to electrical lead on project, matters relating to the power conditioning and distribution equipment (PCDE), solar array and battery procurement
- Manage the PCDE, battery and solar array requirements specific to the project, derived from system level requirements
- Support the electrical lead in reporting to project management and the customer by preparing presentations, flash report and financial reports
- Manage the technical supplier interface by attending progress meetings, design review, test review boards etc.
- Provide updates to the system power budget
- Manage the customer technical interface
This role will involve some national and international travel for business and as such, you must be able to travel accordingly.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Spacecraft system level power and electrical sub-system design and test experience in a Prime Contractor organisation
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of Spacecraft electrical architectures
- Experience of direct liaison, including presentations, with both Customers and suppliers
- Familiarity with Non-conformance Reporting systems, RFD's / RFW's
- We are open to suitable junior professionals looking for training opportunities within the Space and Defence industry
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time.
Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.