|Recruiter:||Nigel Frank International|
|Listed on:||20th May|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £37,500|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data and Software Engineer
Unleash your Java skills on an exciting new sector: Become an AWS Data and Software Engineer with Revolent
Become a certified Data and Software Engineer and receive a guaranteed job placement with some of the world's biggest brands
Interested in using your coding, DevOps, or Java skills to spearhead new projects in a cloud based environment ? Want to use your Financial Services knowledge in an exciting new sector? Then, this paid training and placement opportunity with Revolent is for you.
We're looking for professionals with a background in development in Java or another object-oriented programming language who want to cross-train as an cloud based Data and Software Engineer, on a two-year program that includes paid training, certifications, and work placement with some of the best name brands in the sector.
Over 12 weeks, we'll provide you with the initial training you'll need to get you up to speed with all things cloud based, and support you to gain your industry certifications as a Cloud Based Data and Software Engineer. We'll then place you with our client, to give you that all-important work experience that will help you stand out in the jobs market.
Once you're trained and certified, you'll work as an Cloud Based Data and Software Engineer with one (or more) of our clients. Your role could include:
· Designing, implementing, and operating scalable, low-cost data solutions
· Requirements mapping
· Interacting with core business stakeholders
· Working with vast datasets to answer business questions and drive growth
Who we're looking for
To apply for this program, you'll need previous experience as a Java Developer, or in another object-oriented programming language, and will need to demonstrate experience working in an Agile environment. Some experience in Full-Stack or Back-End Development is preferred, but not essential.
Experience with any of the following is highly desirable, but not essential:
· Experience in a role that revolves around business processes and functions
· Understanding of Dev-Ops methodologies
· Understanding of data modelling, data warehouse, data archive, and/or dashboards
· Demonstratable experience with BI tools, such as Tableau
· Some experience using dashboards databases (for example, MongoDB, RDBMS, SQL)
· Some experience with Linux
You'll also need to be an excellent communicator, collaborator, and problem solver, and dedicated to learning your new skill set.
Professionals with experience in Banking, Financial Services, or Technology Change are highly desirable, but it is not essential to be accepted into this career program.
To apply for this program, you'll also need to be:
· Willing to commit to a minimum of two years' working with Revolent, post training
· Living within a commutable distance of Radbroke, Northampton or Glasgow.
· This is a hybrid role, so successful candidates will be expected to commute to the office for at least 2 days a week
· Able to commit to 40 hours per week, post training
· Available to start training on 20th June
As part of our two-year training program, we offer a competitive salary, other company benefits, and the opportunity to gain experience working with our market leading clients.
You will also receive:
· Comprehensive, fully funded, training to become an Cloud Based Data and Software Engineer which will include modules in Java, RedHat 8 System Admin, and Teradata SQL training
· Teradata Vantage Associate certification
· Extensive consultancy skills training
· Support to gain further certifications during your journey with us
· A professional development plan tailored to your career goals
· Access to mentoring and support programs and networking opportunities
· Charity experience with Revols for Good: voluntary opportunities to work with our charity partners
More about Revolent
We're experts at creating incredible Cloud talent. We recruit, cross-train, and place skilled tech professionals with our world-class clients, while creating a more diverse workforce across the cloud sector.
Our Revols are the most important part of our business, which is why we invest so heavily in their professional development, launching their careers in the Cloud. It's also why our first-time certification pass rate is so high.
We're also committed to giving back to the ecosystem we believe in. We support a diverse range of causes all around the world, allowing our Revols to gain extra experience by helping charities who need them the most.
We're on an unstoppable journey of growth and are constantly on the lookout for people who want to go beyond and change their career for the better.
Want to find out more about Revolent? Visit our website or check out the reviews of our cross-training on our Glassdoor.
Nigel Frank ' Revolent Talent Acquisition is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.