Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of race, age, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Purpose of the role:
Are you technically minded with a passion for digital marketing? Working with the Digital Communications Manager, help us increase our digital reach and attract new service users and donors through our digital marketing channels. We are at a really exciting time in the charity, with an increasing number of people coming to the charity we are growing fast. You will lead our digital marketing work, and help us reach the reach more of the 70,000 people in the UK that live with pulmonary fibrosis. You will be instrumental to helping people find us when they need us so that we no longer hear ‘I wish I heard of you when my dad was still alive'.
Our pulmonary fibrosis community, volunteers and APF staff
Reports to: Digital Communications Manager
- Strengthen our digital marketing channels to help us reach more patients with pulmonary fibrosis and drive online donations. Proactively identify, and test, new ways to improve and optimise our digital channels.
- Improve our digital user experience through implementing effective SEO principals and drafting keyword optimised content.
- Produce regular and detailed reports from Google Analytics to help team's optimise their work.
- Manage our Google Ads grant to ensure we are maximising the ROI.
- Maintain high standards across the website, ensuring webpages are kept updated, are consistent, and follow brand guidelines.
- Manage our SEO, including regular audits and keyword optimised content to drive new traffic
- Lead on driving our paid ads across the organisation, including managing and responding comments
- Driving other forms of digital engagement which lead to user generated content and wider community engagement such as gaming.
- Training and supporting digital transformation across the organisation
- Track market and channel trends and adjust channel strategies accordingly.
- Manage our email marketing platform MailChimp, and develop an email marketing programme working with and supporting our digital champions
- A commitment to helping us meet our organisational Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity goals
- Work alongside specialist digital volunteers and help recruit volunteers
- Work closely with the digital and community fundraiser
In your application for the role, please provide details of your experience against the selection criteria set out in part one below.
How we work
Part one: knowledge and experience
- Digital marketing experience across a variety of channels, with a track record of using digital marketing to achieve an organisation's overall objectives.
- A technical and proactive approach to work, with ideas on how to engage target audiences and drive actions through digital marketing.
- Understanding of Digital Marketing (Google or similar).
- Understanding of Google Ads management and Google Analytics.
- Understanding of SEO, social media content creation and email marketing.
- Familiarity with website management and coding (WordPress or similar)
- Familiarity with an email marketing programme, (Mailchimp or similar)
- Understanding of gamification for fundraising purposes
- Knowledge of the charity health sector
- Connection to pulmonary fibrosis
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- Online user journey planning, SEO optimisation and keyword planning
- Understanding of how to run virtual events - Facebook lives and webinars
Part two: skills and working style
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to write concisely, for different channels and a sharp eye for detail and accuracy.
- Technical and data-driven approach, with ability to utilise reporting, tests and insight to drive performance efficiencies.
- Team player, collaborative and supportive both internally and externally.
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills; can demonstrate emotional intelligence and empathy with others, a patient and empathetic approach to upskilling digital across the organisation
- Able to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive personal information
- A ‘can do' attitude, ability to jump on adhoc communication requests as and when necessary