Commercial Manager (Inside IR35)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£480 - £510
June / July
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our Client are looking for an experienced SC cleared Commercial Manager to join their team for an initial 6-month contract. The work will be a hybrid set up with some work required onsite in Bristol along with the ability to work remotely.
The Commercial Team provides advice on and analysis of commercial risks in the business, commercial sales and procurement guidance. The team commercially assess all bids and contracts, providing drafting and leading negotiations as required. We also create bespoke agreements for presales and sales activity, including all supply chain agreements.
Joining the current commercial team, the successful applicant will assist the team with a wide-range of commercial tasks. You will be responsible for drafting and checking a range of agreements including prime and subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements and back-to-back subcontracts.
The teams contracts and programmes span a range of complexity and require someone with wide experience in dealing with multiple contract and programme types.
Duties will include:
- Drafting and agreement of sales and procurement agreements
- Analysis and negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Analysis and agreement of NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, JVs
- Reviewing and approving proposals, prime and sub- contracts, ensuring adherence to company governance requirements and procedures
- Providing commercial support to bid teams, including supporting the development of the commercial elements of tender responses and influencing early bid strategy
- Providing commercial lead for Atkins internal project approval processes and ensuring relevant approvals are obtained in a timely manner
- Commercial risk identification, mitigation and management
- Providing commercial support throughout contract delivery
- Input to approvals processes, attendance and input at bid and governance meetings
- Training non-commercial staff in commercial and procurement issues
- Strong experience in drafting and understanding legal terms relating to a contract; with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in a sales commercial management role, with the ability to support procurement where required
- The ability to analyse, interpret and consider contractual risks
- Experience of negotiating complex contract terms with suppliers and/or clients
- Experience of progressing internal approvals and briefing senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of contractual documents including NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, sub- and prime contracts used in a consulting, defence, government and/or aerospace environment
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights and protection, including exploitation agreements, software licensing, reseller agreements
- Knowledge of industry and government contracts including but not limited to CCS, aerospace, defence and MOD
- Knowledge of ITAR
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.