|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||17th May|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £52,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
The Dimensional Systems integration team is a new initiative to improve Geometric integration of the product through engineering, prototype and launch. The successful candidate will take ownership of the dimensional requirements for a vehicle sub-system (Front end, Rear end) and lead the PE and ME teams to successful delivery of those targets. Using an excellent grasp of datum and locator strategy, Geometric tolerancing, APQP/PPAP and FMA tools, Dimensional Variation Analysis and 3D measurement techniques, they will assess and prove the Bill of Design and Bill of Process's compatibility to achieve the Dimensional Targets (such as functional and safety clearances, and visual Gap and Flush targets including Taper and Symmetry).
We are a growing team and significant opportunities for development are available to the right candidate.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Leading program teams of Engineers to deliver effective use of Virtual and Physical tools and properties to support the development and validation of design
• Drive and support design systems meetings to achieve the dimensionally optimised design. Actively supporting the cross functional team on daily basis for all dimensional management issues.
• Guide and support DVA engineers for day to day tolerance analysis issues such as CDVR analysis, Measurement data analysis, statistics, functional measurements.
• Lead JLR Engineering, Process and Perceived Quality and Supplier teams with Build Process selection and improvement plans, Supplier liaison with respect to tolerance specification for PIA components and assemblies, Locator and Measurement Point Selection processes and feedback tolerance specification data to PD, Stamping, Body Construction and other functions.
• During Concept and early Design phases assess DVA concept "clay" vehicle models for complexity and anticipated quality issues, benchmarking against in-house vehicles and a specified competitor set.
• Support Prototype and Launch activities developing root cause analysis, control plans and handover documentation as required to support Production ramp up.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Dimensional Management
• Body Construction or Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineering
• Project management
• Coordination of multifunctional teams
• BiW metrology
• Tooling and fixture design
• Comprehensive MS office (excel)
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience
• Team leadership
• 3DCS and/or VisVSA
• Team Centre engineering
• Six Sigma Problem solving skill sets