This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Cyber/Information Security Consultant who is looking for a hands-on role in a tech focussed environment.
Working as an extension of our clients' teams, including some of the UK's largest organisations, the successful candidate will provide expertise and knowledge within all aspects of Information Security and ensure that security infrastructure, solutions, standards and frameworks are maintained to the highest possible standards.
We're looking for a proactive self-starter with a strong technical background, excellent communication and organisation skills, the capability and confidence to contribute ideas and work on your own initiative and the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently as part of a team.
Celon is a Microsoft Gold Partner with a growing consultancy team. We value building experience and responsibility; you will have the opportunity to work closely with our leadership team and will benefit from mentorship guidance and support. We also actively encourage continued personal and career development, with learning and development incentives and a generous training budget to sponsor professional qualifications.
While this is an initial 12-month fixed-term contract there is potential to extend and we're looking for an immediate start.
- Assisting with the development of information security strategy / roadmaps
- Develop, maintain and publish documentation to conform with Information Security standards, procedures and guidelines, including the implementation of ISO-27001 and other applicable Information security standards.
- Maintaining awareness of security industry trends.
- Identify and implement changes areas where existing information or physical security infrastructure requires.
- Perform security incident response and resolution to possible security breaches, attacks or policy violations.
- Evaluate new and emerging security technologies and make recommendations to clients/stakeholders as it relates to their overall security architecture and security strategy.
- Evaluate, implement and optimise security monitoring and security tools, including virus protection, asset enrolment, incident reporting, and incident response.
- Use monitoring activity results to determine potential security weaknesses, threat patterns, and trends, then coordinate remediation activities.
- Drive remediation efforts related penetration tests, vulnerability scans, internal/external audits.
- Performing periodic internal audits and compliance activities and the implementation of required remediation activities.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience within IT Security
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT engineering, or related field such as Computer Forensics, Cyber Security or Information Systems
- An understanding of the principles of Information Security and Risk Assessments
- Experience of internal and/or external audits
- Excellent documentation skills including the create of policies, processes and procedures along with diagrams, roadmaps, PowerPoint etc
- Awareness of vulnerability management and Risk Assessments
- Knowledge of Security Frameworks including ISO27001, PCI-DSS and GDPR
- A good understanding of IT Technologies - including?Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, End Point Security, Data Encryption, Network Access Control, Web/Email filtering
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Information Security and /or Information Technology industry certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent)
- Hybrid Working - to support a better work-life balance
- Continuous Professional Development - a personal programme to maximise employee potential, including bonus incentives for passing industry certifications
- Medical Insurance - all employees are eligible for comprehensive private medical insurance cover that includes a Virtual GP Service
- Pension Scheme - to help employees plan for their future we offer a competitive pension scheme