|Listed on:||16th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A vacancy for a RF Test Expert Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Telecoms Test Systems engineering team and report to the Head of AIT Test Systems The team is responsible for designing, validating and supporting RF test systems used during satellite test campaigns.
This role requires the person to be self-motivated, and to work and manage their time efficiently to meet the project schedules. A level of flexibility is required during test campaigns and this role will involve occasional travel for business, and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC level Security Clearance for this role.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- RF lead of a Test Systems Engineering team assigned to develop RF test systems for telecom payload projects
- Liaise with the payload Systems Engineering team to define payload RF test strategy and translate customer requirements into work packages to enable RF Test System Engineers to develop RF measurements
- Support design reviews of deliverables to project and support project level gate reviews including PDR, CDR, TRR and TRB
- Define and assist in development of RF measurements from customer requirements
- Provide mathematical analysis to define and document measurement uncertainty
- Produce hardware specifications from requirements, to support make or buy decisions
- Interface with RF test equipment suppliers to define hardware and stay up-to-date with developments in the industry
- Define test system RF verification/validation plans and approve results
- Produce reports and documentation to support gate reviews and product compliance
- Support test system deployment during test campaigns, working hands-on and closely with other teams in a cleanroom environment to resolve technical issues
- Produce technical reports to enable closure of NCRs raised during product testing
Required skills and experience
- Degree or HNC/HND in an electronics, communications or related subject
- Deep technical knowledge of telecommunication satellite architecture and RF hardware used on analogue and digitally processed payloads, including receivers, converters, amplifiers, DSPs, waveguides and antennas etc.
- Solid and proven theoretical RF knowledge and practical experience in the design and implementation of hardware & software for test systems
- Detailed knowledge of RF test methods typically used within the satellite industry including BER, EVM and NPR measurements
- Knowledge of modulation and coding schemes
- Extensive experience using RF/Microwave test instrumentation: Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters, Signal Generators / Arbitrary Waveform Generators
- Team player able to integrate easily and quickly into existing AIT teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills among peers and other disciplines
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience developing LabVIEW software in the RF Test and Measurement field
- Knowledge of other software tools and languages (XML, Subversion SVN, MATLAB)
- Knowledge of product compliance including the CE Marking process