|Listed on:||16th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The UK National Programmes Team is responsible for the delivery of Satellites to primarily governmental organisations, often within an end-to-end system.
A vacancy is open for a position of Test System Solution Architect for National Programme payloads.
The successful candidate will support the PTH project team, to ensure project objectives are to customer satisfaction, for the Flagship UK Telecomm programme of Airbus, in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations, including contractual obligations.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the subject matter expert for Test Systems development, the successful candidate shall have be accountable for the test solution architecture, the design, implementation and validation thereof.
Technically leading the Payload Test Solution (PTS) team to design, specify, procure, integrate, validate and support (post-delivery) of the Payload Test Systems. Tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Owning and ensuring solution compliance to any applicable contractual requirements.
- Leading the validation team and the test system (hardware and software) teams and driving the consolidation of the requirements and specifications.
- Taking ownership of the validation philosophy and associated plan.
- Taking direct ownership for the solution to be delivered.
- Utilising system expertise to define the architecture of the overall solution.
- Coordinating the development and perform gate/design reviews for the hardware and software architectures and solutions.
- Supporting the test campaigns, ensuring appropriate team structure, working hand-in-hand with the Assembly, Integration and Test teams (from early integration to in orbit tests).
- Managing and contributing to the investigation of technical issues or problems related to the test solution in general.
- Ensuring the production of associated design documentation, user documentation, etc. working hand-in-hand with the hardware and software architects and teams.
The successful candidate will ensure the successful delivery of the overall programme by:
- Providing inputs related to schedule; costs; work packages definition and progress to the Test System Project Manager.
- Consolidating reporting for the team and support monthly reviews; security reviews; audits; etc.
- Chairing customers' and suppliers' gate reviews and meetings.
- Test hardware (inc measurement instruments) development and associated methodologies (in particular RF test measurements)
- Test software development and associated methodologies (in particular Labview and Actor Framework)
- RF Instruments; test equipment and test techniques
- Working within an environment controlled strictly through an established Quality system
- An understanding of equipment fitted to a Satellite payload
- Quality and Product Regulatory standards
- Microwave / high frequency RF communication engineering
Skills and attributes:
- Able to integrate quickly into a team operating within a multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong leadership potential with a focus on team dynamics and team cohesion
- Capable of working autonomously against tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
The candidate will spend significant periods' of time, as required, working at the spacecraft integration and test sites including:
- Occasional shift work / weekend work / support to AIT operations organised on a 24/7 rota.
- Contributing to long term development of future test solutions for the next generation of national programme telecom satellites.
- A degree in Electrical, Electronic engineering, mathematics or physics.
- Ideally, RF/microwave/radio communications content in academic background.