|Listed on:||16th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Airbus is an industry leader in the field of secure communications with a proud track record of delivering leading edge wireless communications technologies for our customers - and we're now looking for talented Embedded Software Engineers to join our Advanced Development Group (ADG), a research and development team that ensures Airbus stays at the forefront of communications innovation in a fast-moving world.
Working on embedded software projects in the field of communications and SDR, the role-holder will form part of a fast moving agile team, developing unique projects to some of our most important customers. The role will focus on embedded software, working closely with or even incorporating firmware development tasks.
The work we do is unique and you will be working on projects of real importance for governmental and military customers. As such successful candidates will need to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
Tasks & Accountabilities
As part of a small team of multi-skilled engineers, you will use your skills and knowledge to prototype innovative wireless solutions using some of the latest Software Defined Radio (SDR) tools and technologies. You will be primarily developing using C/C++ on embedded platforms, but we'd especially like to hear from you if you also have experience of firmware development (VHDL or Vivado), or would like to gain skills in this area.
- Development of embedded software/firmware prototypes in an agile environment
- Testing of solutions, including lab and field testing
- Group activities to analyse customer needs and define solutions
- Support demonstration of solution to customers
- Further development of proven prototypes to a deployment standard
Skills & Experience
- Development of software in a real-time embedded environment using Linux tools and technologies such as Microblaze or RISC-V using C/C++
- Agile development and tools (JIRA/Confluence Wiki/Bitbucket)
- Experience in Waveform, DSP, Software Defined Radio or a similar technical areas
- Background of integrating software with FPGA developments
- Strong familiarity with VHDL and/or Verilog field programmable gate array (FPGA) firmware development is desirable
- Any experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Xilinx Vivado, Vivado HLS or HDL Coder is desirable
- Bachelor's degree with modules covering aspects of these requirements (e.g. Computer Science, Digital Electronics or similar) or sufficient experience in these areas
What Airbus Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.