|Listed on:||16th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are now looking for Infrastructure Engineers to join us at Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Advanced Development Group (ADG) and will report to the Lead Systems Engineer.
In ADG, you will join our agile team of leading edge communication and software/firmware specialists, spearheading our innovative unique solutions while using the latest technology available. The team is fast moving - working on projects in the field of communications and SDR (Software Defined Radio) to supply highly specialised projects for Government and Military customers.
You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing system, software, firmware and infrastructure engineers. Your focus will be research and development aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, so you should have proven infrastructure engineering experience with complex defence systems. You will work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
You will be comfortable solving problems in the prototyping environment. While you may not have a complete understanding of the engineering techniques and technical aspects of satellite modem systems, we'll be happy to teach you through a combination of working with our existing team and training.
You will need to be eligible to gain (at least) UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Delivery of a robust infrastructure to support current and future capability
- Implementing, enabling and supporting project infrastructure at customer sites to meet current and future project requirements
- Responsible for server and network infrastructure patching and upgrades
- Producing detailed infrastructure design documentation
- Supporting the integration team in delivery
- Creation and management of a detailed sub-system architecture design
- Working alongside external contractors where appropriate; providing guidance to ensure delivery requirements are met
- Definition and delivery of fully working sub-systems - modelled on the current development assets and reference design
- Refining the infrastructure software and hardware component requirements from existing designs
Skills & Experience
- Linux system administration experience - Red Hat or equivalent
- Networking experience - CCNA certification or equivalent is desired
- HA Virtualised environments- VWware related technologies
What Airbus Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.