To be a member of Society's web development team, working closely with Application and IT Services teams, to deliver secure, efficient applications and services.
The Web Developer will principally support the work of the team on various web applications based on MVC, C# and .Net framework. We are looking to bolster our team with an ambitious Web Developer as we continue to grow in-house software development.
To ensure success as a Web developer you must have an excellent grasp of C# and the .NET framework, prolific coding abilities, and be able to problem-solve on a daily basis. A top-quality C# developer will be able to perform ad hoc support tasks as well as handle the creation, maintenance, and further development of .NET applications and programs.
In addition, he will also be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of company's platform technology.
- Location: hybrid model- 2 days in the office Royal Society (6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG)
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary:£34,000 to £43,000 per annum
- To act as an in-house developer for the Society's online needs
- Design, develop and testing of new features in the applications
- Support existing applications, bug fixing and support to end users
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C# code
- Code to the Society's established standards.
- Develop solutions on the Microsoft Pass Web Application platform
- Participate as a team member in fully agile Scrum deliveries
- Document all code and developments to the Society's established standards.
- Produce end user documentation as required for any system developed to the Society's established standards
- Present your work and discuss challenges and achievements at regular team meetings
- Research new techniques and technologies and present these at regular team meetings
- To ensure the storage of personal data is secure and meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Responsible for regular communication with others involved in the development process
Required knowledge, skills & experience
- JS frameworks and front-end frameworks (Angular, React, jQuery, Bootstrap) - minimum 2-3 years
- Cross-browser coding - Cross-browser coding - minimum 2-3 years
- C# - minimum 2-5 years
- NET MVC - minimum 2-5 years
- REST APIs and consuming from .Net Technologies and PowerShell - minimum 2-3 years
- SQL Server, ORM (EF and NHibernate) Data Access - minimum 2-3 years
- Hand-on experience with Azure DevOps
- Strong in Object Oriented Programming, MVC, Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience of producing specifications, documentation, training guides and training for developed systems.
- Experience of the full project lifecycle from planning to implementation and subsequent support and development.
- Must be able to demonstrate successful experience of working in a team
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience of working in an organisation similar to the Royal Society
- Experience of developing Web Applications on the MS Azure PaaS platform
- Good understanding of Docker and orchestration using tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience using continuous integration and automated deployment tools
- Experience in continuous delivery and continuous integration of CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of key website design principles and SEO optimization