Project Manager (DC & Cloud Delivery)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£400 - £400
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client is an International IT Service Provider who requires an experience Project Manager to work within their DC & Cloud Delivery service tower.
DURATION: INITIALLY 5 MONTHS
RATE: £400.00 PER DAY (INSIDE IR35)
** REMOTE **
Associate PM2, remote working, no travel required, various projects.
As an experienced Data Centre and Cloud Project Manager 2 (PM2) in Computacenter's Projects & Programmes Practice you will primarily be managing projects end-to-end. These may be stand-alone projects or delivered within a Projects & Portfolio Office (PPO) within a managed service. Our delivery PMs are expected to help identify future opportunities whilst in delivery. You will have the opportunity of working with the Presales team to help develop and shape the design of our solutions through project and contractual design. You will be expected to have experience of working with different commercial models. You will lead the engagement, be responsible for the overall success of the change activity and will work with the wider team who will provide assurance and support where appropriate. You will be expected to build meaningful relationships with our customers and with internal stakeholders across multiple teams. Success in Computacenter is measured by commercial success but that we've also delighted the customers who turn into Computacenter advocates.
What you're responsible for:
* Deliver the commitments outlined in the project contract * Manage the project team.
* Establish and manage project controls - change, issues, risk, contract and dependency management
* Financial tracking and managing
* Report on progress and financials internally and externally
* Work with both our internal Subject Matter Expert teams and external third parties both technical and logistical.
* Adhering to Computacenter Performance Standards.
* Driving your own development, with support to remain relevant. You will have skills and
demonstrable experience in the following:
* Trained in project management methodology, for example Prince2. It would be a benefit to complement this with Agile experience, with suitable qualification ideally.
* A demonstrable track record of delivering successful projects, including datacentre and Cloud projects.
* Ability to understand and ideally have experience with Agile delivery
* Ability to apply Emotional Intelligence with flexibility, to adapt personal style and approach to meet specific customer needs.
* Able to apply influencing skills appropriately to enable the required outcomes for your stakeholders and to enable positive assignment outcomes.
* Ability to understand the wider context of the project you are leading and the business outcomes the customer is hoping to achieve.
* Ability to articulate the value of project management to internal and external customers. * Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
Desirable datacentre and Cloud experience:
* Datacenter Migration
* Datacenter Relocation
* Migrating Workloads to the Cloud for example AWS, Google, VMware, Azure
* DC Modernisation and consolidation
* Building Cloud Platforms
* Awareness of AWS, Google, VMware, Azure
* Enabling Multicloud
* Public and Private Cloud Adoption, Data & Apps
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.