We are looking for a Software Product Assurance Quality Engineer to join Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage. You will report to the local Head of Equipment Quality.
The successful candidate will liaise with the customer representatives and Airbus subcontractors, providing opportunities to grow their network and experience within the space industry.
The Software Quality Engineer has the authority to resolve all matters pertaining to quality including the right to suspend any activities that appear to jeopardise the quality of the program until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved and will be indirectly responsible for the extended team of QA engineers and specialists in the field of Software engineering quality and Functional Avionics and report into the project core team the status of their activities.
The successful candidate shall be able to work autonomously within the project team but where necessary has the right to refer any matter to the Head of Equipment's Quality for resolution.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Prepare and maintain the Software Product Assurance Plan (SPAP).
- Interface with the PA Manager, Procurement Manager, and Customer on all subjects related to SW PA.
- Manage the Product Assurance actions and risks related to software.
- Participate in Project and Quality progress meetings as necessary.
- Support or participate in reviews performed at system level that include software aspects.
- Support to the Software Architect regarding Independent Software Verification and Validation (ISVV) activities, if any.
- Support the configuration management established at system level and related to software (e.g.CCB).
- Provide Software Product Assurance Report where necessary.
- Participate in the drafting of the SOW for suppliers.
- Verify the compliance of subcontractor's proposal (SOC, SQAP, SCMP, SRF, ASIC/FPGA plans).
- Contribute to the definition of ASIC/FPGA PA and the ASIC/FPGA design/validation/production requirements that will be made applicable to the subcontractor.
- Verify the correctness of the processes implemented by the subcontractor.
- Support ASIC/FPGA or equipment reviews with the subcontractor, including involvement of ASIC/FPGA experts when relevant
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in an Electro/Mechanical/Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- A background in Software Product Assurance or directly comparable experience within the Space, Aerospace or high tech sectors
- Knowledge/experience of high quality /complex manufacturing - in a high scrutiny environment
- Experience of Software quality requirement implementation and adherence
- Experience of complex assemblies, Software and Hardware interaction, low volume processes
What Airbus Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Contact Name: Airbus
Job ID: 3088713