3rd line support engineer - Stockport - Permanent
I am working in collaboration with a leading Software company looking to hire a 3rd line Support Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis in the Stockport area.
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of customers. The role will involve mainly project work but also providing support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts, throughout the lifecycle of customer sites.
Duties will include;
- Involvement in the design, tender, procurement and delivery phases of new projects.
- Involvement in the installation/configuration of infrastructure for new customers, and the improvement/enhancement of existing customer deployments.
- The ability to oversee the performance of the infrastructure across the infrastructure managed services customer base and internally for in-house services.
- The ability to Monitor the performance of the servers, proactively identifying issues/abnormalities that may pose a threat to the customers service.
- The ability to review performance logs, analysing the performance, identifying trends, patterns and detecting irregular behaviour.
- Managing the monitoring solutions-setting up, updating, enhancing, modifying the parameters as the infrastructure and systems are updated and upgraded.
- Ensuring that the servers are backed up, security measures are in place, and that there is an automatic failover in the case of any server downtime.
- Proactively and reactively applying vulnerability patches to managed sites.
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- A willingness to travel to visit customer sites.
Skills and experience
- Have worked as a Systems Administrator/Engineer/DevOPS engineer and haveproven years' experience working with Linux.
- Configuration automation with AnsibleTerraform
- Containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Good Network skills
- A driving license.
Please apply in the first instance to learn more about this opportunity.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.