Role: IT Support Technician
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Premier Group are currently engaged with a large established client in the Worcestershire area, who require an IT Support Technician to assist in the delivery of on site and remote IT services, support and projects to customers.
The successful IT Support Technician will be part of a small IT team, helping the business transform and operate more efficiently. You will provide 2nd/3rd line support across all IT systems and infrastructure.
IT Support Technician - Responsibilities:
- Design, planning and implementation of network infrastructure upgrades (configuration and placement of network equipment.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Server roles & services (AD, DNS, DHCP, Certificate services, Group Policy Management, DFS)
- Responsibility configuration and upkeep of Internet related services (Bluecoat/Symantec Proxy)
- Continuous evaluation of all vendors and contract management of security systems (BitDefender, BitLocker encryption, Security for Virtualized Environments, NSX, Firewall & Gateway technologies)
- Full ownership, configuration and upkeep of virtualization platform (vSphere, ESXi, NSX, vRealize Ops Manager, clustering, High Availability, Veeam B&R)
- Support administration and maintenance of E-mail related services (Fuse Mail, Exchange, BitDefender SPAM component, archiving & policies)
- Administration and maintenance of various IT monitoring and management systems.
- Assisting and taking ownership if required of IT project work and business transformation projects as defined by the senior management and leadership team
- Any other duties to meet the needs of the business
IT Support Technician - Technical Skills:
- CompTIA/Microsoft/Cisco technical certifications would be highly desirable
- LAN/WLAN networks (TCP/IP)
- PC fault finding, processes and diagnosis
- Knowledge and experience of the following technologies:
- MS Windows 10
- VMware vSphere
- Cisco IOS, Catalyst series hardware
- Azure & O365
- Excellent communication skills written & verbal
- Excellent time management and ability to work alone and un-supervised
- Excellent ability to manage own workloads resist distractions and prioritize/focus effectively
- Successful day-to-day management of a busy small technically hands-on IT support operation
If you are an experienced IT Support Technician looking for a new and exciting role, then please contact Sam Hayward at Premier Group (Birmingham Office)
Not for you? Premier Group offer a referral reward of up to £500 if you can recommend a friend who we successfully place in these roles.
Contact Name: Samantha Hayward