|Listed on:||11th May|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £55,000|
Leading of software testing and assurance within specific areas of the business within the Information Services function
The Senior Test Lead(s) manage and deliver phases of testing for assigned projects/products. Undertaking test design, planning and execution as appropriate, ensuring the delivered services are formally tested and signed off prior to implementation and Lead a team of testers when required. The role also entails working with the other Test Leads to maintain and develop test strategy at AWE.
Salary from £42,700 to £55,000
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
Some remote working may available but where project work dictates the successful applicant will be expected to attend site. This is a ultimately a DV role often working on air gapped systems. (opportunity to start on SC is available)
Location - Reading area
* Contribute to and maintain the IS Testing strategy and processes.
* Ensuring that testing is carried out to agreed corporate standards utilizing resources from third-party integrators and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from user departments as appropriate.
* Responsible for the delivery of one or more concurrent test activities within the IT schedule of work or designated Solution Centre. Typically the engineer will be required to work alone, seeking guidance and assistance as necessary, but for larger elements of work may lead and work as part of a team.
* Have the ability to manage multiple small test projects concurrently and manage own time to achieve the desired outputs.
* Delivery timescales and quality goals will be agreed, to which the test lead is expected to deliver at all times, taking action as appropriate to ensure that delivery or quality is not compromised.
* Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Attend IT Change Stage Gate Meetings and be accountable for test assurance element of projects.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
Contact Name: AWE
Job ID: 3087936