Technical Delivery Manager
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Delivery Manager - inside IR35 - hybrid and flex on location - 9 months contract
Our client is looking for a Technical Delivery Manager
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
* E2E delivery of business requirements for complex and large-scale technology development and solutions that provide business value and meet customer requirements, encouraging team's use of innovative approaches and tools to solve high impact, complex problems.
* Accountable for multiple complex medium sized technical deliveries or a single large technical delivery Ownership of technical delivery, design, e2e testing, ORT, and in-life.
* Collaboration with engineering/platforms have sufficient capacity to meet delivery commitments
* Ensuring close coloration with business, E2E solution architecture/design and setting strategic product direction, with wider (senior) stakeholder engagement
* Ensure that our technical deliveries realise Business Value (benefits realisation).
* Ensuring that all impacted teams understand the underpinned e2E Technical plans, technical solution meets business needs and plans are comprehensive and are achievable.
* Meeting committed finance figures for the technical deliveries, with full Financial (BUB & Business alignment)
* Make /implement recommendations for improvements to processes including Agile adoption.
* Run a regular project review forum with all stakeholders. Risks/issues/finances/status/resources
* Manage/determine escalation process for project milestones. Provide options on recovery of the technical delivery as well as other options including re-planning/rescheduling.
* Make recommendations on the affordability of technical delivery costs and where appropriate challenge the costs/solution. In addition, drive the discussion with stakeholders on requirements/affordability and make decisions around release scoping with stakeholders.
* Take ownership of technical delivery problems (test and live,P1 / P2 / P3 on prod), identify what needs to happen and ensure all parties who are impacted or who can help to address the problem are engaged in a timely fashion to reach a solution.
* Define Solution and Delivery system transformation programmes
Skills required for the job
* Stakeholder Management: Able to establish and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships and facilitates mutually beneficial negotiations to develop solutions, ensuring they meet current and emerging business and technical needs.
* Transformation: Able to manage long term changes and adapting the unit in line with the business. Be able to transform delivery to improve and reduce cost and b confident in managing changes to major products or releases.
* Problem Solving: Must be able to proactively solve business problems that deal with uncertainty e.g., demand profile planning including location, skill, and resource. Also, some problems will be multi-platform wide, impacting multiple services or cross-portfolio solutions.
* Be Agile: Leads collaborative and agile ways of working through projects and programmes effectively managing changing priorities.
Connected leaders' behaviours
* Customer Champion - Establishes customer needs, uses operational and technical expertise to deliver brilliant experiences.
* Commercial Thinker - Uses understanding of internal commercial insight and latest external thinking to develop and implement ideas that benefit client
* Collaborative Partner - Maintains internal and external relationships, collaborating both operationally and technically to delivery business results.
Experience you would be expected to have
* Business Development: Has some experience in the principles surrounding business development and identifying compelling sales proposals to meet customer needs.
* Commercial & Risk Awareness: Experience in evaluation of the obvious and subtle commercial risks/issues/challenges especially in relation to a programme/project. Experience in determining the appropriate commercial solutions
* Bold Decision Maker - Problem solves to achieve business unit plans, providing expertise and insight to support bold decisions.
* Successful Delivery: Ability to accept demand from key stakeholders bring from concept to live delivery, support all stages of Product trial and Launch.
* Decide on which technology to exploit with the customer, then determine the design of the roadmap for the customer.
* Decide on configuration of the organisation to deliver the work, within budget.
* Own and facilitate decisions across multiple release and portfolio areas with senior stakeholders.
* Non-technology decisions, core to performance - e.g., Organisation health.
Please send in an up-to-date CV
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.