|Recruiter:||Office for National statistics|
|Listed on:||10th May|
|Location:||Hybrid working pattern, with a base in Newport, Titchfield or Darlington|
|Salary/Rate:||£36,838 - £60,189|
|Salary Notes:||Civil Service Pension, flexible working|
ONS are currently in the middle of a cloud transformation programme and are running a hybrid environment utilising on-premise Infrastructure running on the VMware platform, while migrating to native cloud services. We are currently deploying into AWS native environments for backups and disaster recovery and looking at the opportunities available to enhance our existing strategies and procedures in the storage and backup arena with new cloud technologies.
We are looking for someone with a working knowledge of the technologies below which are essential for this role, please demonstrate your experience of these in your CV.
• Veeam Backup and recovery
• Backup Software Technologies
We are also looking for experience or knowledge of the following, please demonstrate your experience of these in your CV.
• Backup Technologies - Tape Libraries
• Storage Technologies (Pure Stores, Dell DataDomain, EMC VNX)
• Storage Switching (Cisco)
• VMware - Including VMware Cloud on AWS
• AWS Administration
This role is part of the cross-government Digital, Data & Technology (DDaT) profession framework. As a role within DDaT at the ONS, we also offer benefits such as:
• Protected Learning Time of up to 10% of your weekly hours, to spend on your personal development and side-projects.
• A supportive and active Community of Practice to help ensure you get the training, development and opportunities you need to progress your career.
For more information about this role, a full application pack, and to apply, please follow the APPLY link to Civil Service Jobs
Contact Name: Darren Weeks
Job ID: 3087491