Supply Chain innovation company requires an exceptional individual to take on the role of Product Owner in the technology team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company where you can excel within the business.
The role requires extensive experience working in software development and will be central to the successful delivery of our product roadmaps. Working closely with the stakeholders and architects, and with the support of our highly experienced development teams, you'll be responsible for defining, designing and closely supporting the development of strategic, technology-based product enhancements and creative new solutions.
The company's suite of mobile, web, and client-based applications cover:
- Bluetooth electronic lockers
- Multi-tenanted customer web-applications
- End-user mobile applications
- Warehouse management systems
- Customer-facing order portals
- Customer and 3rd-party EDI
- Automated testing facilities
- And much, much more…
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand and map the customer and user journeys.
- Apply UX concepts to a user-centric design process with highly-experienced development teams.
- Act as Product Owner with cross-functional, Agile development teams, working day-to-day to provide on-the-ground answers on requirements.
- Build and propose processes, based on analysis and understanding of complex operational processes.
- Conduct requirements analysis from stakeholders and align them to the product strategy.
- Define user stories, including acceptance criteria, and conduct regular backlog grooming.
- Design UI mock-ups using wireframing techniques, based on firm understanding of UX principles.
- Take part in increment planning, sprint planning, daily stand-ups (video calls), and retrospectives.
- Take active ownership in the quality of the product, ensuring QA is given adequate consideration, and take an active part in definition of Acceptance Criteria and Acceptance Tests using Behaviour Driven Development.
- Where required take a leading role working directly with customers.
- Ensure products are aligned to the company's brand
- Where required, present and perform demos to senior business partners and customers.
You will receive full domain training where necessary; and subject matter experts in all areas of existing products will be on hand throughout.
You will be home-based, and all technical team members are connected remotely and communication continuous, effective, and easy. You can arrange face-to-face meetings in any one of our offices easily as and when required, but our online teamwork and video tools are usually effective enough. Most face-to-face meetings will be with non-development partners in the business and it's likely many of these meetings will take place in the company's key operational facilities in Coventry, and other locations around the country.
We have a flexible working culture and you can organise meetings around the needs of attendees. You will also receive travel expenses.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technology professional with the following experience and qualities:
- Background of working in Software Development teams building software with user-centric design.
- Demonstrable talent for designing high-quality user journeys and processes.
- Aptitude for quickly picking up new domain knowledge and applying UX design principles.
- An analytical and thorough approach to requirements analysis and solution design.
- Passion and aptitude in technology and technical techniques, particularly in using design tools.
- An exceptional eye for detail with a passion for building quality solutions.
- Be a clear and confident communicator; able to interact effectively with a distributed team of other technical experts and senior representatives.
- Be self-motivated, positive, self-disciplined, reliable, trustful, honest, and collaborative.
- Capable of working effectively with minimal supervision.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, Product Design, and/or UX Design.
- Experience using wireframing, mock-up, prototyping, and/or design tools.
- Experience in logistics will be highly desirable, but not a must-have, for the right person.
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience working with remote teams.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply now.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales