Contract: Fixed terms contract until 31st March 2024 (With the possibility of extension)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays (pro rata)
Contributory pension scheme
To manage a portfolio of large and small projects, working with the regional team to co-ordinate actions and activities to agreed deadlines. Producing project status reports both for external stakeholders and managing relationships. The role will communicate and engage with wider team and function areas ensuring
project pr, and visibility. The person will provide strong leadership overseeing the regional team work programmes, alongside identifying further project
Alongside this you will work closely with the development team to support early
engagement with prospective clients to help cultivate new opportunities including developing relationships and ensuring the seamless transition of new client wins into the project management funnel. You will be accountable for ensuring all project requirements are up to date and that deliverables are met.
- Oversee city-based work working closely with Regional Managers and Activators at a local level to help increase ethnically diverse engagement in
target cities supporting key objectives across projects including writing reports for funders on progress. Working closely with the Director of Projects on ensuring all the KPIs are delivered, project outcomes are met and projects are delivered within budget.
- Lead on gathering insight and produce case studies, regional information,
reports and work with internal stakeholders to support our research, insight and communications.
- Lead on engaging with the development team and other parts of the
organisation to ensure that project team is connected and supporting other
function areas including communication, pr and visibility.
- To nurture and develop relationships with Associate Members and key
stakeholders in our key cities to help support wider business development.
- To engage and utilise Sporting Equals Associate Members and delivery
partners to collect customer information which supports Sporting Equals
understanding of ethnically diverse consumer demand and behaviour in sport and physical activity.
- To support monitoring and evaluation frameworks against quarterly reporting, data capture and reporting cross projects.
- To oversee the Regional team, with local, regional and national events working with partners and stakeholders.
- To Line Manage Regional Managers and oversee activator work programmes, covering for Regional Managers/Activators in key cities where required.
- Undertake any other duties as are considered to be appropriate by the Senior Management Team.
- Work with the Senior Management Team and Operations and Governance
Manager to identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health
and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with all projects.
- To ensure that staff within the team are effectively supervised and supported
in their career development.
- Represent the Director of Projects in meetings as required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Head of Programmes
The post holder will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and
knowledge to an acceptable level, with specific reference to:
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience establishing and maintaining multi-agency projects.
- Experience of leading teams, developing work programmes, managaing a variety of task and projects at any one time.
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Ability to analyse and write up information in repots and presentations suitable for internal and external audiences (e.g SMT, board, NGBs, faith and community groups)
- Ability to use Microsoft packages including managing information
systems such as Access, Excel and Outlook.
- A qualification in Project Management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the issues relating to the low
levels of sports participation within ethnically diverse communities,
migrants and refugees.
- Understanding of community engagement and developing
partnerships with local communities
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques and
understanding of basic research techniques to gather local consumer
- Understanding of Sport England, sports development and sporting
infrastructure and the sport and physical activity sector as a whole.
- Understanding of the value of sport in developing healthier lifestyles
and social cohesion.
- Experience of action planning /work programme planning and
reporting against project targets and activities.
- Experience of working with partners across the public, private and
- Experience of budget management
- Several years of line management experience
- Experience of producing reports, case studies and information using
- Experience in community and/or sports development work in a paid
and/or voluntary capacity.
- Ability and willingness to travel widely within the UK at flexible times
and to places that may be inaccessible by public transport -
preferably driver with own car (or access to car and
driver). Appropriate insurance must be in place for the vehicle and
- A belief in, and commitment to, achieving equality of opportunity for
participation, involvement and performance in sports.
- An ability to work on your own initiative and within a team setting to
achieve individual and collective targets.
Contact Name: Sporting Equals