Our client is an early-stage startup on a mission to help people feel good through better metabolic health.
They do this by providing everyone access to their metabolic health data through a continuous glucose monitor and combining it with magical software to provide actionable insights related to nutrition and performance.
They're looking for an A-player Data Scientist to join our team of +20 people. You'll be involved in turning data from thousands of users to insights on products. here are a few responsibilities you will have in this role:
- Assisting Growth team in their efforts of turning noise to signal.
- Shaping up their data strategy and working closely with their larger product team in defining the future of their product.
- Extracting impactful markers from glucose and lifestyle data together with our Director of Health and pool of researchers.
- Working together with their Product Leads, Engineers, and Designers to productise your solutions.
the expectations for this role:
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go & you agree that technologies are tools, not an ideology.
- You have serious hustle boiling inside of you.
They're looking for a Data Engineer to ensure they always have accurate, accessible and actionable data from all their product and marketing data sources.
- Developing, testing and implementing data solutions such as databases, queries, views, reports, and dashboards.
- Working with data analysts to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Creating scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses.
- Building, monitoring and maintaining ETL/ELT pipelines and custom pipelines
- Experience with data-science oriented languages and/or frameworks (eg. Python, Julia, R, SQL / Pandas, NumPy, SciPy).
- Experience in working with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL).
- Experience with database and other infrastructure maintenance/tuning.
- Experience in ETL process development and related tools (eg. Airflow).
- Familiarity with concepts like containers and Docker.
- Bachelor's or higher in computer or data science or related subject, or alternatively a minimum of 5 years of working in the field.
Contact Name: Jason Upton