2nd Line Network Engineer
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£55 - £60
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client is a global IT systems integrator who requires 2nd Line Network Engineers to support operational services across multiple accounts.
DURATION: INITIALLY 30/11/2022 (CHANCE TO EXTEND)
RATE: £55 - £60 PER HOUR (INSIDE IR35)
Role overview 2nd Line Network Engineer support.
Day to Day Responsibilities *
* Working within an ITIL based service management framework to manage the network services component.
* Expected to take ownership of network related faults/tickets, assist other technology teams to troubleshoot issues and document any resolution.
* Reporting to NOC manager, then Network Client Capability leader and interface with service delivery manager to ensure the appropriate focus is in place to deliver the service.
* Proactive network management.
* Identify and promote technical best practices.
* Represent networks in change board.
Network Monitoring (
* Incident Management, escalation and be the primary point of contact for all LAN/WAN/Firewall issues.
* Implementing approved changes in line with best practices.
* Maintaining agreed quality assurance and upkeep of all relevant documentation.
Essential Skills * Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate with a wide cross section of users and adjust engagement style to suit the circumstances.
* Strong team player, capable of working as part of a virtual and logical team and independently as circumstances dictate.
* Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of the range of Service Operations and Service Management processes.
* Customer/Vendor Management, escalation management, customer relationship-building.
* In-depth understanding of technology in direct responsibility
* General understanding of related technologies
* Strong MS Office skills e.g. Excel, Word, Visio and Project
* Sound troubleshooting and decision making skills
* Previous Customer Service experience
* Must be a Service and Customer orientated team player.
* Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in a diverse organization.
* Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
Good motivational skills.
* Strong LAN/WAN/Firewall technical skills across multiple site network
* Strong technical documentation and communication skills.
* Good understanding of IT security and associated processes.
* Strong working knowledge of HP Comware and/or Cisco IOS on router and switch platforms.
* Good administration experience on multi-vendor firewalls (Juniper, McAfee and Checkpoint).
* Strong network troubleshooting.
* Good network security principles (incl cryptography)
* A willingness to work in a team to meet tight deadlines.
* Dynamic working attitude and strong problem solving skills.
* Good written and verbal English skills.
* Organized, good time management and generally methodical in approach to work.
* Strong follow-up skills (tenacity).
* Ability to work alone and have a proactive approach to workload;
Willingness to travel to client meetings if needed.
* Technical Requirements / Components:
o Hardware Setup (Appliance & Switches)
o Juniper, McAfee & Checkpoint
o Network Load Balancing - F5 LTM/GTM
o HP Enterprise level switches and routers
Desirable Skills * Previous experience of HP Service Manager v7 or v9. Alternatively similar trouble ticketing systems such as Remedy would be a significant advantage.
* Copper and fibre cabling standards & JSP440/JSP480 experience
Personal Competencies * Good team player who can take ownership of actions and provide suitable technical input for issues that need to be escalated to 3rd line support.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.