My clients are an MSP who are looking to grow their Infrastructure team with an addition of a number of Engineers on this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing cloud-based solutions, migrating workloads to the cloud, and experience with connecting and managing hybrid cloud environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing area of the business where you can become an integral member of the team shaping our success.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and implement solutions based on business requirements that are in line with architecture and best practice, using the latest Microsoft and cloud-based technologies.
- Planning and implementing security measures to prevent data loss and service interruptions by the introduction of technologies that will effectively protect information systems.
- Risk analysis and review of customer's information systems, communicating recommendations through reports and presentations.
- Taking a lead role in writing tender responses to win new client work.
- Server / Application availability, performance, and security monitoring; recommend and implement improvement enhancements.
- Automating processes and procedures to help improve efficiency and standardisation across platforms.
- Monitor and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance and security.
- Guide and mentor less senior support staff.
- Provide technical support to internal Sales Function.
Skills & Qualifications
- Azure Cloud Services (IaaS + PaaS), Design and Administration
- Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace, Office 365 and EMS
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 ISMS and Cyber Essentials
- ITIL / ISO 20000 Service Management
- Microsoft Technology Stack:
- Windows 10 - Deployment and Support
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
- SQL Server
- System Centre
- Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V / VMware)
- Networking topologies and principles TCP/IP LAN / WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN,
- Storage Topography (SAN) + Storage Spaces
- Backup & disaster recovery processes
- Infrastructure, network and security monitoring
- PowerShell scripting
- Ideally Microsoft Certified on Azure / Office 365
- CompTIA Security+, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional