LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£300 - £300
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Managing Releases, ensuring target dates are met or escalated within a timely manner.
* Chair Monthly Release board meetings.
* Verify and validate each request to ensure sufficient information is provided within the request before adding the request to the Release.
* Liaise with Change Originator, Sponsor or Technical Lead to obtain any missing information/ additional justification or an updated request as necessary.
* Ensure all referenced records are linked to the Release and statuses amended / notes added to record actions taken.
* Monitor Assessments, respond to queries and provide feedback to Originator based on assessment comments/recommendations received.
* Monitor and respond to emails received into either the Change or Release group mailboxes.
* Manage scheduling amendments /rescheduling requests and ensure all appropriate stakeholders are notified / associated records updated.
* Ensure Power Outage requests are monitored and as appropriate raise a Service Request and associated Work Orders to obtain Consultancy funding or a raise a Demand Service Request and associated Change Request.
* Managing Requests for Change from initiation to closure, ensuring target dates are met or Change Record (CR) is escalated within a timely manner.
* Following CR approval - create Work Orders as specified by Originator and monitor for completion.
* Ensure all actions taken are recorded against the relevant Change Records.
* Carry out day to day queue management / administration duties
* Provide input to team meetings and raise any process improvements as Continual Service Improvement (CSI) initiatives.
* The role forms part of the succession planning for the Change and Release Manager
* Previous experience of Change and especially Release Management
* Minimum of 2 years in a Service Management role (e.g. Service Desk Manager / Team Leader
* More than 2 years in Customer focused environment
* Ability to communicate at all levels and to challenge information provided where you feel its inaccurate or insufficient.
* Ability to either Chair or represent the company at multi contractor /Client meetings.
* Drive and enthusiasm to ensure the required outcome is achieved.
* Ability to think outside the box and come up with alternative solutions to resolve issues.
* Previous use of a Service Management toolset
* Previous use of Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Excel
* ITIL Foundation certificate v3 or 4
* ITIL v3 Capability Certificate in Release Control and Validation
* SC or DV Cleared, or willing to undergo appropriate vetting to achieve SC Clearance
* Excellent communication skills at all levels - written and verbal
* Attention to detail/pattern recognition
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.