This role is responsible for leading a cross-functional team in the development and commercialization of new products/services within companies New Product and Process Development Process (NPPD). Responsibilities include the development and execution of integrated business cases, project plans; identification and resolution of staffing and resource requirements; and resolution of product development issues. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with functional heads and senior leaders to gain the cross-functional support needed to drive successful commercialization of new products. The Project Manager will be required to establish and maintain a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and commitment to results. The Project Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring Core Team Leaders that are assigned to projects who reside outside of the PMO.
- Lead Core Teams in the completion of product development plans to ensure product availability in alignment with the commercialization plans.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans and subsequent detailed commercialization plans for the product that incorporates the identified markets and balances a global roll-out to maximize success of the product. Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill project objectives and satisfy project / product requirements. Ensure team deliverables are in compliance with the company's product development and quality processes.
- Manage and track project budget, cost and profit targets to meet established return on investment goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional senior leaders to drive success of the team.
- Drive a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and a commitment to results.
- Provide structured thinking to the project team on the overall approach and delegate tasks as appropriate based on expectations established for members of the team.
- Coach team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management, utilizing best practice project management skills.
- Coach and mentor Core Team Leaders that do not reside in the PMO.
- Lead the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
- Demonstrate product development process knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables that meet the market's needs.
- Provide feedback to functional departments during the company's annual planning process on product development requirements, including financial and human resources
- Bachelor's Degree required. MS, MBA , Engineering Degree or other advanced degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred.
Length of Experience:
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience with a strong track record in driving implementation of large complex product development projects, preferably in the medical device industry.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Proven ability to manage and lead multi-functional teams to drive success of a project.
- Experience working in product development/commercialization preferred.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development and commercialization processes.
- Serve as a change agent with passion, high-energy, and a results oriented creative and analytical mind with the ability to manage critical situations.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a dynamic matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience with project management tools and skills; with knowledge of process and project planning best practices.
- Proven ability to develop a team culture that leads to ongoing excellence and achievement of goals.
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project.
- Ability to balance planning and project focus with the needs for flexibility to ensure successful execution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence management skills.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects.
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall "best for the business" perspective.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective decision making skills; ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across diverse needs of multiple constituencies. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales