Join the smartest and brightest in data and digital transformation improving energy regulation.
Ofgem exists to ensure a safe, sustainable and affordable energy supply to the households and businesses of Great Britain. As the industry regulator, we promote the highest standards of customer care and work with industry partners to ensure that our energy system and supporting infrastructure is safe, resilient and sustainable.
As industry adopts new technologies and operating models, Ofgem must also transform and become a smart regulator, fit for a future energy sector. Digitalisation will also be key to addressing the increasing cost of energy to consumers and in achieving net zero. This role, managing a key element of Ofgem's Data and Digitalisation Strategic Change Programme, is therefore critical. Working across different directorates, you will drive performance in the programme's constituent projects, working with delivery managers and technical specialists to ensure they meet milestones. The challenges are many: from procuring technical solutions through to implementing business change.
This is an opportunity to make your mark by delivering strategic change in a major UK regulator. A high achiever, you're likely to already have a track-record of establishing, mobilising and managing projects involving data or digital platforms. Good knowledge of a recognised project management methodology such as Prince 2 or APM is essential, while experience of the energy sector or another regulated environment would he helpful. You'll also need strong communication skills to champion business change effectively.
Ofgem relies on having a workforce that reflects the society we serve, so we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and especially those from underrepresented groups. While this is a full-time role, flexible working patterns and job shares are welcome. We will also support you with excellent training and development opportunities, plus a competitive benefits package.
Help drive the digitalisation of Ofgem so it is a smart regulator fit for a future energy sector that is digitalising and utilising new technologies and operating models. With such change underway and on the way, it has never been more necessary for Ofgem to transform into a digital regulator and ensure consumers maximise the benefits from a rapidly changing energy market.
You will be programme managing a key element of Ofgem's Data and Digitalisation Strategic Change Programme, working with the smartest and brightest in the data and digitalisation field.
The challenges will be many, from procuring technical solutions through to implementing business change, so the role requires a high achiever; someone who would be proud to know they drove / achieved strategic change in a well known high profile UK regulator.
You will drive performance in the programme's constituent projects, working with delivery managers and technical specialists to ensure they deliver against the programme's milestones.
Due to the cross-cutting nature of the Data and Digitalisation programme across Ofgem, the role will interface with the different Directorates and other strategic change programmes on their data and digitalisation needs.
The individual interfaces between the workstreams and where appropriate their user or business area. This is important for communicating and encouraging the need for transformation and change within Ofgem in tandem with the delivery of new capabilities from the workstreams.
• Communications & Stakeholder Management - Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and highlight need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
• Resource Management - Secures resources and directs planning scheduling, resourcing and estimating for projects/workstreams
• Risks & Issues - Oversee risk and issue management. Ensure mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement.
• Benefits realisation - Ensure realisation of benefits for customers through planning and designing and that projects/workstreams outputs meet programme requirements.
• Project/workstream Performance & Controls - Maintain overall integrity and coherence of the programme and governance framework to support each project/workstream. Plan project/workstream assurance activities.
• Dependency Management - Work with project and business as usual leads to ensure dependencies are actively managed, act as an arbiter and enforcer and resolve issues between the various elements of the programme.
• Change management - Drive business change so new technology is transferred into operations smoothly and without disruption.