|Recruiter:||Office for National statistics|
|Listed on:||28th April|
|Salary/Rate:||£26,630 - £32,186|
|Salary Notes:||Civil Service Pension, Flexitime, flexible working|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for an experienced end user computing engineer to join our lively team of about twenty engineers, supporting several sites and around 8000+ users.
The Deskside team deal with the service calls relating to the use of IT devices and their applications, including mobile phones, laptops, tablets and desktop computers. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to role your sleeves up and get stuck in. Sometimes the work can be physical, for example installing screens and personal computers.
Our team culture is based around agile working and providing excellent service to both our internal and external customers.
We work across multiple systems, including:
• Office 365, Exchange and SharePoint
• Microsoft Windows operating systems/technologies
• Active Directory management
• Operating System and Application installation using Microsoft System Center
• Endpoint protection, disk encryption, peripheral control
• Mobile device management & BYOD
• Enterprise printer management
• Network Share Administration
• Dell/Lenovo/Lexmark technologies,
• Proxy Administration (e.g. Bluecoat)
• RAS/0365 Administration
• Skype for Business Configuration/Use/Support
• Microsoft Teams Configuration/Use/Support
• Networking including Wi-Fi
• Virtualisation technologies including VDI
• SCCM (Software Deployment and PC Imaging)
We have great learning and development opportunities within this team including career progression, this role could be a stepping stone to wider technical teams.