Senior Accountant ACCA CIMA
Our Client is an international company with offices in the City London.
They are looking to recruit a Qualified Accountant with an ACCA or CIMA qualification with at least 3 to 5 years PQE.
The Company is engaged with various dynamic projects such as power generation, renewable energy, oil and gas, and in-house banking through the Special Purpose Companies in the UK (the SPC), and the Company provides accounting and tax services to the SPCs.
- Produce accounting reports of the SPCs on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to Head of
- Tax work (assist in Corporate Income Tax return with tax advisors/prepare VAT return and resolve enquiries) for the
- Advise the SPCs' controlling departments of the Company on accounting
- Assist in general work (working as an agent/contact person) with notary, accounting firms, HMRC, the Companies House for the SPCs.
- Monitor journal entries and works of more junior Accountancy
- Other various work related to not only the SPCs' but also the Company's accounting/tax matters based on the instruction from Manager/GM.
- The SPCs' accounting/tax
- Coordinating financial audit of the
- Planning and controlling the schedule of financial
- Answering questions from auditors
- Preparing financial statements and finalization with
- Checking and, correcting if necessary, management report to be issued by auditors.
- Preparing some reports, if necessary, to Managers/GM/CFO.
- Analysing and/or solving problems in accounting data/business process of the SPCs.
- Managing accounts for designated business areas including monitoring, controlling and reconciling
- Management reporting to business areas on a monthly and quarterly
- Reconciling and controlling ledger balances including stock, futures and fixtures
- Advising the business departments on accounting matters, from the viewpoint of accounting and
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in
- IT skills using Excel, Word,
- Numerical and analytical
- Ability to resolve complex problems within strict time
- Extensive accounting Some of which should be PQE (ie after qualifying as an accountant).
- Must have experience of analysing Trial Balance Sheet and preparing Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss, as well as consolidating
- Preferably an undergraduate or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Maths, Statistics, Business or
- Otherwise a good standard of education to at least A Level standard or equivalent, A levels should include
- Accountancy qualifications, e. ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
The role is based near St Paul's in the City of London.
The salary for this position will be circa £50K - £55K + Benefits.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.