Digital and Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support Seetec from a technological perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. IT Security is a vital element ensuring (DTS) Services are delivered to ensure continuity of services and protection from attack in support of business operations.
The Security Engineer plays an important role providing in depth technical expertise to be able to deploy and use security tools and resolve security issues in a wide range of IT systems and networks. In addition, the postholder will be able to act as a technical subject matter expert for IT and business-related projects with an IT Security component. The role will also provide a liaison between IT Security and specialist 3rd party suppliers to facilitate the implementation of IT systems and applications within Seetec that have a security component.
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for:-
- Providing technical expertise in IT Security with and the ability to deploy and use security tools to identify and resolve issues across a wide range of systems and applications.
- Deploying and using IT security tools such as vulnerability scanners, incident and event monitoring, log analysis and network monitoring, intrusion detection and content filtering.
- Deploying, configuring and resolving security components of infrastructure and applications such as Active Directory, MS M365, MS Azure, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, etc.
- Creating scripts and other ad hoc reporting to provide the necessary information for the IT Team to perform their functions.
- Providing inputs into the IT Security Strategy and IT Security Operations including policies, procedures and reporting systems.
- Providing subject matter expertise into the design and implementation of advanced security capabilities including SIEMs, Security Operations Centre, etc.
- Providing input to Information Security Certification and Accreditation processes.
- Provide advice and guidance on technical security engineering issues and be a collaborative member of the wider IT team.
Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as may be determined as reasonable for the role from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be of graduate calibre and likely to have a degree or equivalent in a computing or related engineering discipline.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in technical security roles or a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of technical skills in the field of IT Security.
- Be certificated in IT security e.g., CISSP, CEH etc and relevant IT technologies e.g., Microsoft Certified Professional, Cisco, Firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods.
- Experience of and proficiency in relevant technical IT standards such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, HMG & NCSC policies and guidelines, Cyber Essentials Plus, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with relevant IT standards such as ITIL, ISO27001, etc.
- Evidence of ongoing continuing professional development in IT Security.
- Experience of working within a large public sector organisation (Council / Local Authority / NHS / University etc) delivering hosted services to stakeholders.
- Advanced IT Security or computing qualification e.g., MSc Information Security.
- Experience of working in a Security Operations Centre.
- Professional or Chartered Membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to continuous improvement and able to motivate and inspire commitment in others to achieve the highest standards possible.
- Professional, tenacious and results-driven with a confident approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in reports and influence and persuade across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and change management skills.
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills with an appetite to drive innovation.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work flexibly and travel to locations across the UK and Ireland.
- Technical Competence
- Analytical Skills
- Managing Change
- Customer Focus
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.