Black Light is a leading provider of light, stage, sound and AV solutions. We come from a theatrical background and therefore have a passion for finding innovative and creative solutions to the most technical of challenges. Our track record speaks for itself: We have been supplying products and services to schools, theatres, exhibitions, conferences, trade shows, heritage centres and private clients for almost 40 years. Black Light is an equal opportunities and National Living Wage employer.
We currently have vacancies for two Project Managers within our Production Department at our base in Edinburgh, reporting to the Head of Production. Both roles will work on a variety of projects across all our production service provisions, with one Project Manager role specialising in AV solutions.
The roles will involve;
- Producing proposals for Projects.
- Designing custom technical solutions and services for our Clients.
- Ensuring all opportunities are recorded and actioned.
- Managing cost estimates and budgets for Projects.
- Pre-planning and delivery of Logistics, Staffing and Equipment.
- Carrying out appropriate Risk and Method Statements.
- Delivering high quality events and projects to our Clients.
- Managing Key Accounts.
- Co-ordinating with internal departments and external suppliers to ensure each project is delivered to the highest standard.
- Producing drawings and job folders for each project and ensuring these are archived.
- Supervising and management of employees or personnel associated with the project.
- Working away from home. (Flexible working is available)
- CAD editing and drawing.
- Representing the company in a positive manner always.
- Assisting the Senior Project Manager.
- Working on site.
- Assisting the Warehouse in the preparation and return of production orders.
- Assisting with other work to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- Ability to work alone, as well as being a team player.
- Experience of Project Managing (2yr+)
- Strong communication.
- Ability to work under pressure to given time line.
- Driving Licence, with ability to drive vehicles up to 3.5t
- Polite, friendly and approachable by colleagues and clients.
- Strong IT skills. (Microsoft Office)
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- Problem Solving.
- Intuitive thinker.
- WYSYWIG/CAD Experience.
- Working knowledge of current Lighting and Sound Systems.
- Working knowledge of temporary electrical systems and safety.
- Working knowledge of rigging equipment and the hanging of equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Audio-Visual Equipment including LED Screen and Camera systems.
Advantageous to the role;
- easyJob6 Experience
- BS7909 training and experience.
- IPAF 3a & 3b
- National Rigging Certificate Accredited
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.