|Listed on:||25th April|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £61,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A significant programme of infrastructure investment is required on the Devonport site to meet the needs of the future MOD ship and submarine programmes. A new 'Major Infrastructure Projects' (MIP) Business Unit has been established to focus on the large-scale facility developments needed.
Who we are looking for?
We have multiple Senior Design Engineer positions available within the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) business unit at Devonport Royal Dockyard, supporting the design and construction of significant new infrastructure/facilities for nuclear submarine and surface ship deep maintenance.
Our work is diverse and as such we are looking to recruit engineer's from a range of backgrounds including Mechanical, Electrical, CS&A and Systems.
What will you be doing?
* Leading/managing technical packages in support of design delivery, agreeing project related objectives and acting as Intelligent Customer (IC);
* Requirements management, Verification and Validation across technical packages;
* Interface/integration management throughout specific technical packages, across MIP and the wider dockyard;
* Technical assumptions and risks management in relation to design development;
* Planning for effective project implementation and ensuring that design documentation covers the required scope of operations and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget;
* Liaising/coordinating with design houses, and resolving technical issues;
* Accurate and ongoing information management, including working in the BIM environment
The experience you'll bring
* Degree qualified or equivalent in a STEM subjects
* Working toward Chartered Status
* Previous experience leading and mentoring teams
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work. Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more. Application Guidance:
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.