* Be a technical lead to propagate the established DevOps standardization practices to project/product teams.
* Deliver high quality solutions to DDC UK&I's customers and internal stakeholders. Deliver a service that meets requirements and exceeds them where possible.
* Initiate process improvement activity across the DevOps Team, focussing on reducing excess cost and improving efficiency.
* Oversee DevOps deliverables to ensure quality, cost and time targets are achieved and industry best practice are maintained
* Ensure DevOps processes and standards are adhered to and identify new working methods, initiatives, and technologies to improve the level of service provided by the team.
* Undertake analysis of new and emerging tools and technologies to assess for use on existing or new client developments.
* Work with contemporary development practices ( e.g. Scrum, BDD) and tools (e.g. ADO, Jenkins, GIT);
* Collaborate with Architects and Developers to build and deploy new versions of applications to managed environments.
* Create and maintain technical documentation relating to DevOps frameworks.
* Complete impact assessments for any application change requests submitted.
* Provide input to the Release Manager for Release Scheduling.
* Provide support during go-live events as required.
* Liaise with Live Services, business areas and third parties in the investigation, resolution and escalation of problems and incidents.
What you're be doing:
· Deliver to time, cost, and quality commitments.
· Robust build and deployment processes, delivering reliable managed environments of known baselines.
· Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement.
· Provide estimates for all low-level Tasks, in the format prescribed for the monthly DDC reporting.
· Provide accurate and up to date data in assigned ADO tickets for consumption by the monthly DDC progress reporting.
· Provide daily status updates to the development manager.
· Provide the requisite input to development managers to support programme reporting.
· Collaborating with development and test to integrate new solution components and automated tests into the build pipelines.
· Evidence of effective use of peer reviews on DevOps deliverables.
· Maintained technical documentation relating to the DevOps standards and frameworks.
· Impact assessments for any application change requests submitted.
· SW Configuration Management Plan, specifically including branching strategy, for use by the development teams.
· Configuration Status Accounting of all managed environments
* Progress the technologies, tools and techniques used within the DevOps team.
* Influence and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the delivery of high-quality software.
* Ensure that IT standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Working with Programme and Project Managers, liaise with Architect, DBA, Live Services, Information Security, Development and Test Teams to provision and support the consistent and efficient delivery of high-quality software across all environments.
* Pipeline management of resources to ensure both high resource utilisation and availability for upcoming projects.
* Providing Technical leadership ensuring the team uses appropriate engineering practices.
* Driving the Technical Growth of team members.
* Identifying technical risks and communicating these to the Development Manager.
* Integrating the use of our Software prescribed code quality tools (e.g. Veracode/Whitesource) into the pipelines;
* Acting decisively on a day-to-day basis, applying sound judgement, and considering business implications for your decisions.
* Supporting others in decision making by offering solutions to problems and providing relevant and timely information.
* Provide technical input into bid submissions.
* Identify new working methods, initiatives, and technologies to improve the level of service provided by the team.
* Play a crucial role in moving from 'Project centric DevOps' to 'Organization centric DevOps'
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Contact Name: Yusouf Khan
Job ID: 3079042