Job Title: Senior Web DeveloperContract type: PermanentSalary: circa £62,000 dependant on experience + up to 5% bonusLocation: Canary Wharf, London / WFH / Flexible
Start Date : Mid April / Early May
A leading company specialising in the finance backing low carbon energy production seeks a Senior Web Developer with Django experience to work on their core web systems. The Senior Web Developer reports to the Data Architect & Analytics Manager.
The company operates a partial work from home policy with employees required to attend the office 2 days per week (exceptions are made during lockdowns in line with UK Government guidance). There is also flexible working in place including informal flexible work patterns subject to line manager discretion. This includes a 9-day fortnight where employees are able to work the equivalent of their 2 weeks contracted hours over 9 days, enabling them to take an extra day off.Essential Experience Required
- Python web framework (Django preferred)
- SQL Database (postgresSQL preferred)
The client has a preference for full stack python developers with both React and Django but they would also be happy to interview if you have worked on a framework other than Django as long as they come from a python and React background.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the company data portal as well as build efficient web portals for different functions across the company. This includes the redesign of the company website with the new branding, and to work closely with different internal stakeholders to design and develop products needed for the different schemes managed by the company.
- Build efficient back-end features using a web framework (Django preferred)
- Develop new UI features in React.js
- Manage testing and bug fixes
- Prepare technical documentation
- Work closely with the Scheme Delivery and the strategy & development to build web portals for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and enhance the existing web applications
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Performance Optimization of components across the vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Ideal Candidate Profile
Candidates should possess as many as the below attributes as possible:
- Qualified to degree level in a related discipline
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL and Linux OS is essential
- At least 5 years of working web development role using Python
- Should have worked in Azure or AWS environment
- Previous working experience with Python web frameworks like Pyramid, flask, Django
- Previous working experience of RESTful API’s
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles and workflows
- Experience of developing micro services
- Ideally previous experience in utilities sector
As well as a generous base salary of up to £62,000 per annum there is a discretionary annual bonus of up to 5% and flexible working. The successful candidates will have a great opportunity to work within a dynamic growing business which is committed to building a large new technical team of full stack web devs, data engineers and business information specialists.