the client is seeking an experienced Data & Analytics Technical Project Manager to manage the on-going expansion and deployment of our Enterprise Data Platform.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering firm-wide analytics solutions utilising a mix of established business intelligence technologies, powered visual analytics, dashboards, reporting and advanced analytics capabilities with a specific focus on cloud technologies.
You will work closely with internal service lines, data analysts, architects, dedicated technical developers, and infrastructure specialists to drive on-going analytics initiatives from requirements gathering and gap analysis through to stabilisation of the delivered product.
The data & analytics technical project manager will be expected to:
- Plan, manage and assume responsibility for the development and roll out of our Enterprise Data Platform in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Coordinate solution analysis and design with the entire project team including service line champions, architects, developers, and infrastructure leads
- Manage third-party external business partners and their technical teams
- Coordinate testing to guarantee high quality analytics solutions offering the best user experience and meeting business needs, and including appropriate documentation
- Interact effectively with internal and external resources at all organisational levels
- Manage and guard project scope and workload by accurately tracking tasks and activity
- Ensure adequate documentation is created and maintained to support all analytics use cases
- Assume responsibility for tangible issue and risk management through defined identification, prioritisation, and resolution processes
- Optimise analytics use cases within the Enterprise Data Platform to deliver against the business requirements while maximising return on investment
This role is in an agile team, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders so excellent communication skills are essential. You will be experienced in the management of large, complex data and analytics projects with experience of both waterfall and agile methods. You should bring experience of all aspects of designing and building data analytics platforms and solutions including a deep understanding of the underlying infrastructure, in both on premise and cloud environments.
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (such as business, data analytics, computer science, or information systems)
- Proven track record of executing full life cycle data warehouse and business intelligence/analytics implementations (ideally 10+ years' experience)
- Expertise in Database Design and Development in Azure SQL Server, Azure Data Warehouse, MS SQL Server and be proficient in creating highly flexible Database Architecture
- A deep understanding of data warehousing, ETL processes and data modelling
- Excellent project management, organisation, and follow-up skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working on all SDLC business processes: requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment using Agile methodology
- Experience in delivering projects under different process frameworks of lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
- Experience managing third-party external business partners and their technical teams in the support & implementation of BI and analytics solutions
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in virtual teams and independently and to be a team player
- Experience in project cost management and communicating to stakeholders
- Experience of Power BI
- Knowledge of Tableau, QlikView / Qlik Sense, or other BI tools
- Knowledge of Alteryx
- Knowledge of data analysis programming languages e.g. R, Python
- Proficient in MS Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experience working in finance and/or professional services environments
- Knowledge and awareness of cloud platforms, predominantly Azure but also AWS & GCP
- Knowledge of working with hybrid on prem and cloud architecture
- Knowledge of cloud deployment technologies e.g. terraform & CI / CD deployments
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.