PRODUCT OWNER, CORPORATE WEBSITE JOB PURPOSE
The Product Owner, Corporate Website goal is to maximize the value of the enablements, features, and content resulting from the work of the agile delivery team for the Corporate Website. To ensure that the product backlog is created, analysed, defined, and communicated. Ensure that the backlog is ordered in alignment with the strategic objectives and business goals and reflects the roadmap's strategic direction priorities. To ensure that the product backlog is transparent, visible, and understood. To communicate the value of what has been delivered for each Sprint and up to 6 months.
- Develop and communicate the sprint and delivery goals in the context of the Product to alignment with the strategic objectives and business goals for the Corporate Website Delivery
- Create, refine, and communicate the product backlog items with stakeholders and technical audiences. Including external and internal audiences
- Ensure that the product backlog and each delivery team is ordered, transparent, visible, and understood by Enterprise Corporate Product Manager and the Director of Technology Product Management
- Facilitate user story sessions and requirements workshops with cross-functional stakeholder groups and the technical team.
- Make and clearly communicate decisions about the backlog.
- Influence and empathize with stakeholders. Tell stories about the value your Delivery cadences will derive for the Agile Delivery teams, The Users, Vendors, or global perception
- Manage and oversee product delivery budgets to deliver desired outcomes.
- Coordinate with other Product Owners, Product Managers, and Tech Leads to collaborate and agree prioritization of delivery objects.
- Negotiate and resolve disagreement across Delivery Teams, including 3rd party design, engineering, product owners, analyst
- Line-manage other junior Product Owners, Associates, or Analysts dedicated to the Corporate Website to ensure SAGE is developing and supporting this new position and, more broadly, the Agile delivery practices.
- Ensure direct reports develop their processes and artifacts in an aligned fashion and engage in a Community of Practice.
- Motivate, inspire, and coach teams.
- Continuous learning of new business domain and technical knowledge of Sitefinity, Drupal, and other technologies and frameworks used to deliver our corporate website.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Portfolio Product Managers, Product Owners and Product Managers to understand the cross product and cross roadmap implications of the Corporate Websites delivery
- Identify process improvements for iterative agile delivery.
- Adapt and explore as new needs from user groups, and ensure results are reviewed by Product Manager, Technical Lead, and Senior Leadership
- Inform the Monthly, Quarterly, reporting for Technology Product Manager, Enterprise Web Product Manager
- Chair Backlog Refinement and work closely with the Scrum Master and Tech Lead to ensure that acceptance criteria, and user story estimates are right sized and well prioritized
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience applying product owner or business analysis techniques in successful technology teams delivering enhancements to enterprise applications.
- IT expertise and domain knowledge.
- Experience in working effectively in globally distributed teams.
- Experience in working on agile / Scrum teams.
- Experience as a line manager/people manager is desirable.
- Evidence of professional Product Owner or Business Analysis certification desirable.
- Expert in the use of SAGE systems and scrum methodology
- Excellent grasp of technical and process knowledge
- Able to manage the backlog efficiently and prioritize work for upcoming sprints
- Confident leading the development team through discussions in Backlog Refinement.
- Involves the right people in discovery and champions a collaborative approach.
- Mentoring: can train other product owners on our team's existing processes.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements, SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role, and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to undertake practical tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.