Head of Product Portfolio Data & Finance
Coventry Building Society
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About The Role
This role is accountable for the Finance and Data Product Portfolio (a group of platforms and technology services that provide long-term, sustainable value to internal and external customers) with an annual combined run & change spend of c. £15 - £50 million.
You and your team will work with the Executive, Business Owners and the Product Managers in your portfolio to prepare, prioritise and sequence a roadmap and backlog of activities to realise Coventry Building Society (CBS)'s Strategic Plan.
The immediate future is exciting for Finance and Data & critical for the Society, with a replacement of our GL and an expansive Data Strategy and a new Chief Data Officer joining in 2022. While the role will inevitably change over time as the business strategy evolves and your Product Teams deliver on their part of it, great knowledge of the Finance and Data domains and prior experience of leading full-lifecycle groups of Agile, ideally Product Teams to success are very important.
You will be one of a small, cohesive group of Senior Leaders that collaborate between each other and with leaders across the enterprise to design, deliver and operate the digital technology platforms that enable our colleagues and members.
Our business has been successful for over 130 years so it's important that every cycle result's in a coherent set of objectives and commitments covering service levels, risk, availability, optimisation, and incremental business features to meet the ongoing needs of the business over the long term.
You will support, enable, and be ultimately responsible for the success of your teams in realising the commitments they make by enabling delegated decision-making, removing blockers and encouraging continuous improvement and innovation.
Through your visible leadership across CBS, you will drive a shift in culture from projects to value-based products and services. Through your servant leadership you will relentlessly drive out inefficient hand-offs and silo working by role modelling empowerment, personal development, and support.
We use practices from frameworks such as SAFe, DevOps, Lean and ITIL to provide the structure and control to deliver value for the business, so familiarity and experience within the industry is very important. But most importantly we value ownership, people & flexibility, so visionary, supportive, inclusive leadership and commitment to continually adapt and improve is essential.
• In depth experience in leading teams that define and maintain a road-map and product backlog that efficiently and effectively achieves customer outcomes.
• Experience of managing teams accountable for full-life cycle build and ongoing service operation.
• Evidence of strategic thinking with the ability to shape and lead a capability and distil multiple perspectives short and long-term perspectives.
• An authentic ‘servant-leader' with extensive experience of leading, coaching and developing teams to optimise business performance and value delivery.
• Extensive experience of driving behavioural change from individuals through to teams and the organisation in a sustainable way.
• Highly self-aware and emotionally intelligent, you understand your impact on others and take time to understand all colleagues and help them to operate at their best.
• Intellectually curious; you encourage ideas and challenge, through innovative thought leadership.
• Excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills with the ability to influence business decisions and command credibility at senior managerial levels, building and managing complex relationships across the organisation.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with a collaborative approach and build trust with others effectively and confidently across all levels of the organisation.
• Proven experience managing effective governance in the Scaled Agile Framework and/or other agile delivery.
• Deep understanding of Agile and Lean mindset, frameworks and practice.
• Experience overseeing Enterprise and large budget IT initiatives.
• Proven experience in financial management and financial governance across a large group of teams, utilising Lean Budgeting across multiple Value Steams.
• Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
• An excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels across the organisation to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear, concise style of presentation in oral and written work.
• Strong ability to design and implement dashboards; ability to analyse data and present it in a way that tells a story.
• Comfortable with ambiguity, can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
• With great resilience you maintain energy and enthusiasm and embrace situations positively to motivate and inspire.
• Significant experience in managing multiple information systems projects.
• Extensive experience in an agile / scrum environment with a demonstrated appreciation for large enterprise standards.
• Proven track record of managing a cross-functional process or IT delivery team in a large Enterprise environment.
• Well versed with Scaled Agile Framework's Portfolio Management methodology.
• Proven experience in financial management and financial governance across a large portfolio of change.
• Proficient knowledge of Agile, DevSecOps and IT Service Management lifecycle methodologies and standards.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and analytical skills across all stakeholder groups
About The Company
We really care about recruiting the right people and engaging, rewarding and developing them throughout their journey with us. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce that shares a common purpose.
Our journey is an exciting one - founded in 1884, we're still growing, thriving and protecting the interests of our members. We're currently the 8th largest lender in the UK, with more than 2,500 employees.
We're proud to be a building society and part of our vision is to be as simple and straightforward as possible and there are plenty of opportunities to work with us and make things happen.
We're always looking for talented people to join us. But it's important that our people aren't just brilliant at what they do - we need them to share our values and understand that working here is all about putting members first.
You bring the potential - we help you realise it - It's the way work should be!