Senior Data Scientist
Jaguar Land Rover
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to join Jaguar Land Rover, we are strengthening our engineering department in the area of Data Science and Data-Driven decision making.
You will be using cutting-edge technologies and Data Science techniques to process, creatively analyse and model large volumes of complex data. The insights gained will support new product and feature development, advance our operations and contribute to a host of exciting new projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Writing high quality, simple and scalable code, with clear intent to other engineers and the machines running the systems
* Derive, interpret and deliver results from diverse datasets and communicate meaningful insights to the business
* Develop value-adding models and algorithms, helping to deliver operational solutions where appropriate
* Work with product teams and stakeholders to identify problem statements that can be solved using data science, machine learning and the automation of the process
* Advise in the development of algorithms and evaluation of large datasets from multiple disparate sources
* Compliance of data science projects with Jaguar Land Rover data governance and privacy by design requirements throughout the engineering lifecycle
* Completion of tasks to agreed timing, cost and quality, and in line with vehicle programme timing requirements
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will be responsible for leading complex projects, end-to-end through the Data Science lifecycle. You will be working with product teams and stakeholders to identify problem statements that can be solved using data science, machine learning and the automation of the process.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible and possess the ability to manage and lead technical projects from start to finish for the business. You will have strong leadership skills and have an understanding of how to mentor and support the growth of various team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Extensive experience using Python, R, SQL and optionally other high-level languages
* Practical experience in solving complex business problems through data analysis and data science techniques, using statistical knowledge to support hypothesis testing, experiments and inferences.
* Significant practical experience with machine learning techniques, such as classification and regression
* Significant experience with various data cleansing and pre-processing techniques
* Experience with cloud computing/platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure and Databricks
* Experience with large, unstructured datasets
* Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio)
* Ability to engage with stakeholders and communicate complex concepts and results simply
* Experience working with large datasets in distributed computing environments (Hive/Hadoop, BiqQuery)
* Experience with time-series data particularly in the industrial space
* Experience working and delivering projects using Agile software development methodology