Control Systems Engineer
£31 - £55
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
You will be required to support the design and implementation of HVDC Control Systems.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
* Supporting the business' tendering, operations, contractual and after sales needs
* Conversion of MATLB Simulink algorithms to other suitable time domain library models
* Technical leadership during FST and FAT programs to ensure proper verification and validation of control and protection system performance against requirements PSSE/PSCAD and PSSE/RSCAD Power system network conversion, modelling and verification
* Plant modelling in various simulation tools (MATLAB, RSCAD, PSCAD etc) and its verification.
* Play a key role in engineering design reviews and technical leadership, identifying potential project risks and technical weaknesses and proposing safe, reliable and compliant solutions
* Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC business
* Strong sense of urgency and ability to identify and manage technical risk
* Understanding of Systems Engineering principles and requirements management
* Understanding of functional characteristics of power systems and interactions between AC and HVDC systems
* Able to work to deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining the safety, quality and engineering integrity of the solution
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.comHuxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales