SC Cleared Software Engineer (Fully remote, outside of IR-35)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£550 - £650
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Engineer/Lead Software Engineer
6 Months contract
UK Remote Working
Required Skills: Azure, PostgreSQL, OpenShift, React, Redhat, Node.Js
Provide a high level of software development skills capable of building software for systems of any size and complexity and achieve customer satisfaction criteria through leading a small team or working as part of a larger team. Achieve results and provide services, either personally or through others, in a specific area or discipline to meet defined quality or efficiency standards or to ensure best practice advice is given. Individuals possess the skills, knowledge and ability to perform and deliver without day-to-day supervision. They possess the ability to solve problems with commercial judgment and are influential in customer relationships. Roles at this level will require a detailed understanding of methods, systems and procedures. The work involves limited guidance and only general instructions from more senior colleagues. Therefore initiative and judgment are required to address and resolve daily problems.
* To deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales.
* To produce software component designs and specifications.
* To produce and test software components of any size and complexity.
* To produce unit, link and integration test plans and test results.
* To create test data and testing environments for unit, link and integration testing.
* To assist with integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing and implementation.
* To produce system documentation.
* To undertake on project estimates and to ensure estimates for the creation and development of IT solutions are achievable.
* To implement change control procedures.
* To maintain and develop knowledge skill and competencies in software development in more than one specialist area.
* To implement appropriate software configuration management processes for deliverables.
* To report own and team's progress and issues to the Project Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates.
* To identify and communicate potential risk areas to the company.
* To carry out audits and participate in technical walkthroughs of other team members' components, test plans and results.
* To support a body of knowledge in the application of technology to addressing business issues.
*The Senior Software Engineer will have sound knowledge of the latest developments and future strategy for their technology area, and an awareness of its application.
*Sound knowledge and experience of associated software engineering tools, techniques, methods within their specialist area.
*Demonstrable experience of working as a Senior Software Engineer on large or complex software engineering programmes/ projects.
*Project/ team leadership of a software development team.
*Understanding of impact of technology, environment and infrastructure on the business.
*Detailed system design
*Define hardware/ software performance and specify requirements
*Create/ Build Software Design software component
*Manage / Conduct testing.
*Prepare implementation, conversion and cutover plans
*Investigate training needs
*Create user and operational documentation
*Support users during early live running
*Government sector knowledge
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.