Test & Release Manager
£40000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The aim of the role 'IT Test & Release Manager' is to support the Deputy CTO in delivering the technology strategy, supporting continual digital development of the organisation. Ensuring the provision of a high-quality IT test and release service on a day-to-day basis in order to support the organisation effectively in its core system functions.Client DetailsThe Office for Students is an energetic, forward-looking organisation based in Bristol. They're looking for skilled, committed people who care about students and their experience of higher education. They especially want their organisation to be more diverse, so that they better reflect the student body in whose interests they work. Description- Responsible for managing and supporting a team of 3 IT Test and Release Analyst's
- Acts as the Release Manager responsible for planning and controlling the movement of releases to test and live environments
- Acts as the Test Manager responsible for deploying releases and that resulting services meet customer expectations
- Works with the IT Application Manager to develop a Release Management Strategy and process
- Assist the Application Manager in the development of the Testing Strategy to inform the wider Technology strategy through evaluation and utilisation of emerging technologies
- Ensure IT testing function supports the continuous delivery of solutions to the business through the automation and orchestration of processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with business, governance and security rulesProfile- Experience in line management position
- Experience implementing Test & Release strategy
- Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement. Drives the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies, thereby ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from services.
- This includes recognising the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting implementation where needed.
- Uses modern standards approach throughout automation and testing.
- Experience or knowledge of testing web based applications, Microsoft Azure and Dynamics 365ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager (or equivalent)
ITIL Foundation Certificate
Microsoft Azure CertificationJob OfferSalary of £40-50k, dependant upon experience
Learning and development
25 days holiday per year and rises to 30 after five years' service
OfS help you put family first with occupational maternity pay in excess of statutory, and generous paternity and adoption leave
Pension - circa 27% employer contribution
OfS find an arrangement that works for everyone and many work flexibly, part-time or in job shares
Currently staff have the opportunity to up to work 60% of their contracted time remotely and up to 30% of their working hours outside core hours of 9-5
Equipment for working at home